LA Noire

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Looks like a good game, originally released on Xbox360, soon to be available for PC.

On Steam at this moment they're offering a pre-order which contains all previously released DLC (Read: down loadable content/add-ons/patches/original content excluded from original game so publisher can get as much money out of you as possible).

Steam will release game in November sometime, don't know exact date, blowed if I can find that on Steam site.

The cost, supposedly with a discount, is £31.49.

As I mentioned, this looks like a good game and received good reviews across the board. Unusually, the Xbox version has a savegame facility that lets you save anywhere rather than rely on inbuilt checkpoints.

So that's the good news - game ported to PC, let's hope it works well.

However, if you have an Xbox 360 console, be aware that used copies of LA Noire for Xbox 360 can be had in high street GAME stores and online for around £13.00.

I would hazard a guess that the PC version may be available for a similar price in a few months time.

You pays yer money, you makes yer choice....

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Steam will release game in November sometime, don't know exact date, blowed if I can find that on Steam site.
Looks like it's 11/11/11 on Steam (8/11/11 elsewhere) according to this linky here

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yeah been waiting for this, apparently the facial animations are really very good!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
This is on my list too - it looks fantastic and a really interesting storyline... can't wait :D

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
What are the specs for playing this, does it need an uber powerful pc!

CSB

Reaction score
This is a very good game. I bought the PS3 version not long after it was released and I loved it.

With some of the cases, you have to examine murdered women who have been dumped naked after a very violent series of events. Creepy in places but adds to the atmosphere.

I hope the PC conversion goes well and it should look slightly better than the console versions. The original had some bugs which there was a patch for, so lets hope it runs with these all pre fixed on the PC version.

In addition, I may buy the PC version, even though I have the PS3 already. Depends how many improvements are made.

Won't say no more so it doesn't spoil anything, but is a very good story line to it and you'll see a couple of actors along the way that you may notice from other tv shows.

Would deffinately suggest an xbox controller for this one as I believe PC controls will not transfer well.

Overall, I would highly recommend this one.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Despite my cynical viewpoint on the marketing for this game, I'll probably buy it cos it looks good. Just haven't made my mind up whether to go for PC or Xbox version. Probably the PC version actually, imo games just work so much better on PC's.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ill be getting it on teh PC. :)

Ask a Question