    linksys config page, but am able to ping the IP of the DSL providers main
    DNS server.

    Thoughts?

    Nathan Thomas Sr, Mar 30, 2005

  2. Souns like GRE issue.this page may help, http://www.chicagotech.net/VPN process.htm
    Don't send e-mail or reply to me except you need consulting services. Posting on MS newsgroup will benefit all readers and you may get more help.

    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    How to Setup Windows, Network, Remote Access on http://www.HowToNetworking.com
    I recommend Brinkster for web hosting!

    "Nathan Thomas Sr" <> wrote in message news:u$L$...
    I'm having trouble trying to figure this one out.
    I have enabled and configured RRAS on a win2k box running AD. Internet
    connection is provided by DSL to a Linksys firewall, which have the proper
    ports enabled and are being fwded to the Win2k server.
    When I dial to a seperate ISP, then run the XP Pro created VPN connection,
    it starts to connect...gets to verifying username/pw, then disconnects with
    error 721.

    I am unable to ping the static IP of the DSL router or connect to the

    Robert L [MS-MVP], Mar 30, 2005

  3. Could be. GRE port 47 is enabled and being fwded to the RRAS server though.
    The router is a Linksys WRT54G with a mid-level firmware. Going to upgrade that to the newest version since the release notes state the new firmware adds L2TP options, resolves some PPTP issues, etc.
    The server also needs 40 some odd critical updates...I'm the new and only Sys.Admin this company has ever had...the fun is just starting.

    Thanks for the link. I found a few hints from a search, which I should have done last night. :)

    Nathan Thomas Sr, Mar 30, 2005
  5. Nathan Thomas Sr

    Bill Grant Guest

    You cannot "forward" GRE. GRE is IP protocol 47, it is not a port.

    "Nathan Thomas Sr" <> wrote in message
    It was my router firmware.

    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    Bill Grant, Mar 31, 2005