Kaspersky Internet Security 2009

Review Kaspersky Internet Security 2009

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Ian submitted a new article:

Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 - Kaspersky Internet Security 2009

Introduction

All-in-one security packages are one of the most popular and easiest ways to secure your computer from a wide range of threats, however not all products perform to the same standard. Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 includes an anti-virus scanner, anti-spyware scanner, firewall and parental controls. All of these features are integrated neatly into the control panel, which sits in the system tray and provides quick configuration and scan access. There are graphical...

Read more about this article...

Last edited:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
No problems at all with it.

Works a treat. :thumb:

Reaction score
Best bit of software I have ever bought..Took me a few weeks to taylor to the way I liked...Have used it for about 10 months now and recomended it to everybody I know...Actually bought KIS from the review and what others had said about it on PCR.....

peahouse05

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi All
I never read the small print so rely on Kaspersky Support. Always polite and extremely helpful. Highly recommended.
Cheers
peahouse05:)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yep i've been using KIS09 for some months now, gotta say, its awesome. :)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
Best bit of software I have ever bought..Took me a few weeks to taylor to the way I liked...Have used it for about 10 months now and recomended it to everybody I know...Actually bought KIS from the review and what others had said about it on PCR.....
Jow about posting a mini walkthrough to show us how you set it up. Would be most helful to newbies. An thickos like me.

nod.gif

Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
Jow about posting a mini walkthrough to show us how you set it up. Would be most helful to newbies. An thickos like me.

nod.gif

I can do..I'm going to install it on another machine either tonight or tomorrow morning...So will post there after....

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Blimey it is going to take me all week to read that. Impressive. So is the link I followed to how to make themes for Kaspersky. An some of the skins are darn neat aswell.

nod.gif

Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
Blimey it is going to take me all week to read that. Impressive. So is the link I followed to how to make themes for Kaspersky. An some of the skins are darn neat aswell.

nod.gif

Now you know why I didn't really have time to do a walk through..That link just shows you the recomended settings, once you have set itup, as with everything you install you will find your own prefrences which suite you and your home setup....You can't change the skins/theme of Kaspersky..The basic Dashboard has a green band around it..The other boxes that you have seen in there with a redish color and a goldish color are KAspersky notifications..Red would be a severe warning, putting whatever into High risk category, and the goldish color are warnings for lower rsik categories..

Edit: I think the skin is slightly different if you have it installed on either XP or Vista..I can't quite remeber how much different though..

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
That was very useful even though it's a bit long winded (it has to be I suppose). :thumb:

Still not sure about the anti spam training though. :confused:

Still it all seems to work very well. :)

Reaction score
I have also tried Kaspersky which got for free....the only thing i'd mention(negative) would be that you have to uninstall any other security you may have. I just disabled my other program and KIS knew it was still there and wouldnt go any further until i had completely uninstalled.....clever little dickie. It appeared tobe very industrious whenever it sensed summat wrong. Apart from the uninstall thing i thought it was great.
Have to say i didnt like having to uninstall my other program....it took my choice away, i felt. TBQH i think theyre nearly all the same...i have tried quite a few sytems this year and am using Agnitum firepost at the mo.
Zzzzz

Reaction score
nivrip said:
That was very useful even though it's a bit long winded (it has to be I suppose). :thumb:

Still not sure about the anti spam training though. :confused:

Still it all seems to work very well. :)

Yeah the anti spam got me at first to..I'll see if I can put together a how to for beginners for Anti spam training..Not meaning to be patronising there Niv...I think it might benifit a few people.....

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Am I right in thinking that the anti spam system works automatically by analysing 50 incoming emails?

If so, I have a problem with it. KIS seems to think that I use Windows Mail which is part of Vista but, in fact, I use gmail which is not being recognised by KIS at all.

So how do I get KIS to recognise gmail so that it can analyse the mail?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
nivrip said:
Am I right in thinking that the anti spam system works automatically by analysing 50 incoming emails?

If so, I have a problem with it. KIS seems to think that I use Windows Mail which is part of Vista but, in fact, I use gmail which is not being recognised by KIS at all.

So how do I get KIS to recognise gmail so that it can analyse the mail?
I use windows mail to "download" my gmail, yahoo & BT mail ... by doing so my AV program checks them all.

If I go to gmail and read my mail, I ain't downloading it, I'm reading it from the gmail server, my AV program has no need to "check" it. ;)

Antimalware / antispam, they are two different things, Antispam is usually handled initially by the "spam filter" used by your email server ... in the case of gmail, it be pretty dam good.

Antimalware, your first line of defence is the "spam filter" trapping junk mail that may contain malware, but your best line of defence is your AV/Antimalware program ... with a couple of others thrown in for good measure.

:user:

PS
Niv, you have posted twice today, that I can see, that warrant there own threads and not tagged on to someone else's thread.

You'll get a better, more accurate response to your questions if you start your own thread in future new problems. :thumb:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
Now you know why I didn't really have time to do a walk through..That link just shows you the recomended settings, once you have set itup, as with everything you install you will find your own prefrences which suite you and your home setup....You can't change the skins/theme of Kaspersky..The basic Dashboard has a green band around it..The other boxes that you have seen in there with a redish color and a goldish color are KAspersky notifications..Red would be a severe warning, putting whatever into High risk category, and the goldish color are warnings for lower rsik categories..

Edit: I think the skin is slightly different if you have it installed on either XP or Vista..I can't quite remeber how much different though..

These must be KGB Red Herrings then. :rolleyes:

attachment.php

attachment.php

http://forum.kasperskyclub.com/blog/pipkin/index.php?cat=43

:D

Attachments

• 2009-05-05_104407.jpg
    2009-05-05_104407.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 660
  • 2009-05-05_104605.jpg
    2009-05-05_104605.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 609
Reaction score
Abarbarian said:

Sorry I don't do Greek...Where do you get your info and pics from..? I have been on Kaspersky forum and even e-mailed Kaspersky, and they say they do NOT do skins for their products...You might find others have developed things which they use to minipulate Kaspersky....Show me on KIS site where you can downlod Skins etc..PLease do,:thumb:

Ask a Question