I've issued Dynamic Draw Professional.

John Fitzsimons

Thank you Lou !
I've used the signature a few times that you've suggested, but I've
felt a stress for advertising myself.

Masayuki Fukushiro
author of Dynamic Draw Professional
http://www.dynamicdraw.com/

We know who you are now. :)

So maybe you don't need to include your name ? Change to....

Author of Dynamic Draw Professional
http://www.dynamicdraw.com/

In any case your name is in the header of your usenet messages. Bye
the way, you should think about changing that. To avoid receiving
extra spam as a result of your posts. Some spammers harvest such info.
You could change...

<[email protected]>

to something like...

<[email protected]>

Newsgroup (human) readers should know to remove the first word.
Spammer programs should not know that and send spam that gets
nowhere.

Regards, John.

John Fitzsimons

John Fitzsimons wrote:

Now, I've made ZIP file and uploaded it, on another web server.
And you can see some screenshot images in my website.
Please try it in your free time.

Thanks Masayuki, the zip download looks okay. Now I need to find a
download site to get some "free time". :)

Regards, John.

Roger Johansson

I agree.
Your sig is just fine.

Don't worry about that John Fitzsimmons, he doesn't even have a real
sig himself.

Typically you will meet the intelligent people first in a newsgroup.
Later the slow people show up with their crazy ideas.

John Fitzsimons

Masayuki Fukushiro

In_Parentheses said:
Konnichiwa, Masayuki

Hi, Jay.
And good morning, from Japan.
Thank you for trying my software.
Many people adviced me about my website.
So I've understood that screenshot is very important.
Anyway, If you think the software is good, please tell anybody around
you about it.

Yesterday, I've started to translate 'SVG exporting plug-in' from
previous Dynamic Draw.
Soon I will be able to upload it.

In_Parentheses said:
BTW: Your English is way better than the Japanese is of most of the folks
around here, mine included ;-D
Steven said:
... mine included also (and this is one heck of an app!)

Don't kidding me !
I never believe better than you. :)
But I'm starting to believe my English might be better than what I
thought.

Masayuki Fukushiro

John said:
So maybe you don't need to include your name ? Change to....
Author of Dynamic Draw Professional
http://www.dynamicdraw.com/

Good morning John !
I've been thinking the signature over that you suggested.
Because of the remark from Roger.
And, I've decided to keep current signature.
I think the name is important and if I use the omitted style many
times, I will fail when I post another thread. It seems to be not good
to omit my name out of this.
But thank you John.

Thank you Roger for your advice.
But please don't say crazy ideas. I am happy I've felt his goodwill.

By the way, I have some question.
In some upload sites, I am required company name.
For example, the following is the case.
https://author.tucows.com/register.php
But I am freelance and I don't belong to any companies.
Is it okey to input my name instead of company name.
And what 'Company contact' means.
I thought it means the way of contact, 'by email' 'by fax' etc.
But I am not sure.

Please somebody advice me.

Roger Johansson

John said:
Why isn't my sig a "real sig" ?

You are not consistent.

Sometimes you write

Regards, John. (without a sig delimiter, so that is not a real sig)

sometime you put in a monster 5 line sig like the one below with some
kind of graphics and a lot or irrelevant crap.
,-._|\ (A.C.F FAQ) http://clients.net2000.com.au/~johnf/faq.html
/ Oz \ John Fitzsimons - Melbourne, Australia.
\_,--.x/ http://www.vicnet.net.au/~johnf/welcome.htm
v http://clients.net2000.com.au/~johnf/

A sig should contain the name, and maybe some important information for
the discussion in question.

Masayukis sig is perfekt when he is talking about his program.
It contains his name, the fact the is the author of the program we are
talking about, and the url to the program.

I_P

Masayuki said:
Hi, Jay.
And good morning, from Japan.
Thank you for trying my software.
Many people adviced me about my website.
So I've understood that screenshot is very important.
Anyway, If you think the software is good, please tell anybody around
you about it.

Yesterday, I've started to translate 'SVG exporting plug-in' from
previous Dynamic Draw.
Soon I will be able to upload it.

Don't kidding me !
I never believe better than you. :)
But I'm starting to believe my English might be better than what I
thought.

Regards,

Masayuki, hi to you!

To start with the latter: You better believe it, your English is fine!

Masayuki, I have a question about something that isn't quite obvious to
me:

The screenshots on the site show something that look like symbol
libraries; however I haven't been able to find anything close in the
program (I have to admit that I didn't use the program longer than an
hour, though.)

Can you provide some information about this?

Masayuki Fukushiro

Hello, I_P.

I_P said:
To start with the latter: You better believe it, your English is fine!

Thank you I_P for your words and trying my software.
The screenshots on the site show something that look like symbol
libraries; however I haven't been able to find anything close in the
program (I have to admit that I didn't use the program longer than an
hour, though.)

Sorry, I should have explained in my website.
I've copied most of the screenshots from example files that are
included in a Examples folder.
You can access by the following step.
1. Push the Windows Start button.
2. Select 'Programs' > 'Dynamic Draw Professional 4' > 'Samples'
3. Example 1-3 are document files, Template XXX are template files.
Template is the library that you've mentioned.

They are in the following folders.
C:\Program files\Fukushiro Soft\Dynamic Draw4\Examples
C:\Program files\Fukushiro Soft\Dynamic Draw4\Template

Many templates are already exist, but unfortunately, they are for
Japanese.
It is not impossible to load them by the English edition, Japanese
fonts are replaced to English fonts automatically. But, the text are
still Japanese so you cannot read them.
If you wish to download them, tell me. I will prepare them.
Anyway, you can make your own library easily.
I've prepared movies.
Move the mouse pointer in the left area and rest for a second.
Soon a help window will be popuped. Then, push Shift-key and move the
mouse pointer on the movie help link and release Shift-key.
You can see how to make library.

I_P

Masayuki said:
Hello, I_P.

[...]

Hi Masayuki,

OKay, now the templates question is clear to me; thank you for the
extensive explanation!

Your movies, I am sure, are very instructive, but they require Win
MediaPlayer 9 or higher, which I don't have on my system, and won't
install on it, moving away from MS as I am.

Another question arising from this is whether there will be a "manual"
of some kind, or a more extensive help-file, in the future?

Regards

John Fitzsimons

John Fitzsimons wrote:
Good morning John !
I've been thinking the signature over that you suggested.
Because of the remark from Roger.
And, I've decided to keep current signature.
I think the name is important and if I use the omitted style many
times, I will fail when I post another thread. It seems to be not good
to omit my name out of this.
But thank you John.

Nobody said your name isn't important. What does the first line above
say ? Isn't that your name ? If your name wasn't in your sig then
people still know who you are.

Do whatever you like. I was simply responding to your " I'vefelt a
stress for advertising myself." comment.
Thank you Roger for your advice.
But please don't say crazy ideas. I am happy I've felt his goodwill.

Don't worry about Roger. He just wanted an opportunity to be nasty.
By the way, I have some question.
In some upload sites, I am required company name.
For example, the following is the case.
https://author.tucows.com/register.php
But I am freelance and I don't belong to any companies.
Is it okey to input my name instead of company name.

I would think so but if you want to be 100% certain you could email
them and ask them.
And what 'Company contact' means.
I thought it means the way of contact, 'by email' 'by fax' etc.
But I am not sure.

I would think that would be the name of the person they need to talk
to about a software submission. In this case yourself. The fax etc.
info is further down that form.
Please somebody advice me.

Regards, John.

John Fitzsimons

John Fitzsimons wrote:
You are not consistent.

So what ? One doesn't have to have the same sig every time they post
to have a "real sig".
Sometimes you write
Regards, John. (without a sig delimiter, so that is not a real sig)

Fine, did I say "Regards, John" was a "real sig" ?
sometime you put in a monster 5 line sig

A "real sig" is often longer than 5 lines. An "acceptable" sig is
usually considered to be 6 lines, or less.
like the one below with some
kind of graphics

Guess you haven't heard of a place called Australia eh ? Maybe you
should be considering spending time in a geography class than looking
for non existent faults in people's signatures ?

If you aren't interested in someone's signature file then ignore it.
A sig should contain the name,

I usually sign my posts. There is no need to put my name twice.
and maybe some important information for
the discussion in question.

The sig contains a link to the alt.comp.freeware FAQs. That is
relevant to ACF readers. If you want to ignore that then that's fine
by me.
Masayukis sig is perfekt

< snip >

A matter of opinion. Looks like you need to learn to spell English
too. Not just geography.

Regards, John.

,-._|\ (A.C.F FAQ) http://clients.net2000.com.au/~johnf/faq.html
/ Oz \ John Fitzsimons - Melbourne, Australia.
\_,--.x/ http://www.vicnet.net.au/~johnf/welcome.htm
v http://clients.net2000.com.au/~johnf/

meow2222

Masayuki said:
Vector graphics editor. Useful for making flowcharts, line drawings,
org charts, buttons, etc. Object-oriented drawing and design program.

I dont know what are 'org charts.' Is that correct?

And, what I should write in my website about the following ?

meow2 has adviced me, but sorry, I cannot understand exactly.
I don't mind that the program is listed in other sites, included in cd
compilatoins.
I mind if somebody sell it 'Dynamic Draw 100$ !!'.
Not because of money ( to tell the truth, a little pity the money ),
but I am afraid that it cause misunderstanding to users that the
program charges price and they demand full suport of the program.

If somebody have a good idea, suggest me please.

An example freeware eula for you...

Copyright 2003-2006 Masayuki Fukushiro. All rights reserved.

By using or installing Dynamic Draw software you agree to the
following:

1. You may use this program for personal, non-profit or business use.
You agree your use of it is entirely at your own risk, even if the
author has been advised of any defect with the software.

2. This software may not be used in cricital systems, where failure
might endanger life.

3. You may distribute this program alone or bundled with other
software, subject to the following conditions:
a) The software package is not modified in any way, and includes this
license file.
b) You may charge a reasonable price for the cost of media but no more.

4. Use of the program does not entitle you to any form of support, nor
to any right to the use of any other version of Dynamic Draw.

explained...
'copyright' establishes your ownership of content.
'All rights reserved.' tells people they cant use or distribute it
outside of the terms you give them.
1. prevents you being sued if someone uses it for profit and misses a
deadline because a bug occurs.
2. prevents you being sued if some idiot manages to put the software on
a critical computer system and someone dies as a result
3. informs people they can distribute it, but not make a profit from
it.
4. Makes it clear its not your job to help people with their problems,
and that you dont owe them any other software.

IANAL so you cant sue me if it proves inadequte for you. IRL legal
eulas are quite complex, and no mention has been made of jurisdictoin
and so on, but the above is free and almost sure to cover enough ground
for personal freeware.

Ohhh... we need a version with no movies! For what I'm doing it will be
not be used if it has movies included.

Roger:
We know such a person who recently tried to re-name
the Opera web browser and distribute it as his own.

thats hilarious. Whos nuts enough to think they could get away with
that?

NT

In_Parentheses

(e-mail address removed) wrote in @b68g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
[...]

Meow2

Org charts: Organizational schematics, like a flowchart of an
organization...

You claim no jurisdiction is ever mentioned in freeware EULA's, this is
not quite true, I have seen a couple of them. I can look them up and
quote here on behalf of Masayuki.

I absolutely agree with you on the "No movies" version, may it be for
different reasons.

About renaming opera and distribute it as his own: The Fuzz? ;-D

Steven Burn

Ohhh... we need a version with no movies! For what I'm doing it will be
not be used if it has movies included.
</snip>

There's already a version without the vid's ;o)

**********************************
*2. Dynamic Draw Professional 4.0 without help movies + 4.92 MB.
+ Self-extracting WinRAR file.
http://molips.web.infoseek.co.jp/lib/dd4b1mes.exe

4. Dynamic Draw Professional 4.0 without help movies + 5.68 MB.
+ ZIP file.
http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~yt3m-fksr/dd4b1mes.zip

**********************************

* Should actually be 3 ..... but thats nit-picking.
Roger:

thats hilarious. Whos nuts enough to think they could get away with
that?

Unless I'm mistaken, it was aafuss ........

I am curious about one aspect of this app though. Whats the diff between the
DD and DDP versions?

--
Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

John Fitzsimons

On 30 Jun 2006 19:14:03 -0700, "Masayuki Fukushiro"

To explain the operations by movies are effective for users, and for
me.

Not for those of us not able to see the movies.
I spent only several days to make movies. If I make by HTML, I'll spend
more than a month.

Until you can create a better help file perhaps you could consider a
..pdf version ? I am sure someone here would know how to make some
of your movie frames into .pdfs.

Regards, John.

Roger Johansson

thats hilarious. Whos nuts enough to think they could get away with
that?

"Coming with Babya System '06 & Babya bSuite '07 is Babya Discoverer
12.5, a improved version of the popular Babya browser and RSS viewer.

Babya Discoverer Extreme 12.5 is a all-new edition based on Opera
Software's Opera browser and is one of the first Babya applications
that runs on both PowerPC Macs & Windows .

Babya Discoverer Extreme 12.5 is a more powerful, feature packed &
secure browser designed for novices and pros.

Like with Babya Discoverer-you get tabbed browsing & RSS, but you also
now get the below new or enhanced features in Babya Discoverer Extreme

12.5 :"

This signature afuss has for years taken software from different
sources and put his own name on on it, repackaged it in his own wrapper

and distributed it, and he has been criticized a lot both for his
methods and for his spamming of newsgroups with his messages about his
software.

After some discussing in the Opera newsgroup it became clear that it
was based on a misunderstanding. It is allowed to customize the Opera
browser and distribute the customized version of Opera, but this guy
aafuss thought he could rename it to something completely different and
distribute it as it was his own software.

He often does similar things with software which he thinks is free so
he can do that.

He is not a criminal, he is just really stupid and young, so he
balances on the line of what is legal all the time, and his behavior is
very unethical, but seldom really illegal.

I haven't heard anything more about "his" browser so I guess the Opera
company just told him he can't do that.

He is a well known person here and every time he shows up with a new
program we ask him who's code he has stolen (or unethically acquired)
this time.

If he had said: "This is the Opera web browser, customized by me", it
would have been okay, the Opera company allows that.

That's why it is wise to say in the license that this program can be
freely distributed, but you may not change the name of the program and
you may not remove the licence text.

meow2222

Roger said:
[...]

Interesting story. I guess it had to be a youngster. Fuelled by ego or
profit?

NT

meow2222

In_Parentheses said:
Org charts: Organizational schematics, like a flowchart of an
organization...

I'm discovering more types of charts than I ever knew existed

You claim no jurisdiction is ever mentioned in freeware EULA's, this is

I tihnk you must have misread.

NT

wyrwolf

By the way, I have some question.
In some upload sites, I am required company name.
For example, the following is the case.
https://author.tucows.com/register.php
But I am freelance and I don't belong to any companies.
Is it okey to input my name instead of company name.

short answer is "yes"
However, you should consider having a company name - it does not need to
be registered or anything...it can be anything you can make up (but
avoid having the same as large corporations for obvious reasons)
it can be a Studio name if you want - it is just to distinguish you-the-
person from you-the-business(or creative)-entity
for example, my name is "Bob C.", my creative persona is "wyrwolf" (also
my nick), and my company is "cheshire" (or sometimes "cheshire studio")
it's just like keeping separate track of home-business expenses