is there a way to make XP remember window positions?

FireBrick

XP remembers 'MOST' last used window size and positions.

Apparently, some setting is used to achieve this.
But also apparently not all programs activate this feature.

I use a multi monitor setup and wish for some windows to return to a
different position/size then they seem to be set up for.

My old Matrox dual video card had an option to do this although it was
unreliable.

My new NVIDIA card does not.

So...my question is...is there a utility that will allow me to assign size
and position to these delinquents. :)

please and thank you

FireBrick

Ok, I assumed (obviously incorrectly) that it was a function of Windows that
remembered where, which screen and what size, a program was last closed at.
Guess it's back to square one then.
Thank you.

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
Nothing to do with Windows. Ask your program - it sets its own size.

frodo

FireBrick said:
Ok, I assumed (obviously incorrectly) that it was a function of Windows that
remembered where, which screen and what size, a program was last closed at.
Guess it's back to square one then.
Thank you.

Explorer will remember where its folder windows were, and their settings
(view and sort order, etc).

MOST programs do remember where their last window was, and reopen to that
same location, but nothing in windows forces them to do so, they just were
written by a good programmer. It's the little touches that keep users
happy and comming back for updates.