Windows XP Is ther a Publisher-compatible alternative?

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
My friend has just sent me a .pub (MS Publisher) file, as he would like me to look at it and offer my opinions to him. The only trouble is I don't have a copy of Publisher, and the .pub file will not open up in any of my other programs.

Is there any freeware software that can either open or convert this .pub file, as I am not going to give Microsoft any more money. ;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
OpenOffice.org may be able to open pub files, I'm not 100% sure though. Worth a go!

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
it does not work in openoffice.org either.
And trying to get my mate to do anything other that send an e-mail is pretty difficult. He's a bit of a thicko. I can't even get him to sign into messenger, and it's not like i can just pop and see him and he's in derby and i in Grimsby.
I will have to try and talk him into saving a different format.

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
Good old e-bay. I found a resonably priced version of publisher. I do deteste Microsoft though for making files that can only be read by its own programs (that I know of anyway).

Reaction score
My friend has just sent me a .pub (MS Publisher) file, as he would like me to look at it and offer my opinions to him. The only trouble is I don't have a copy of Publisher, and the .pub file will not open up in any of my other programs.

Is there any freeware software that can either open or convert this .pub file, as I am not going to give Microsoft any more money. ;)

A lot late but you can get free file conversion online at Link removed - it's an e-mail harvesting scam for spamming purposes - fbs.

Ask a Question