Is 48-Bit LBA Support for ATAPI Disk Drives bilt into XP

CES

All, Just a quick question, do you need to enable as stated in KB article -
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q305098 for windows
2000.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Atapi\Parameters

Value name: EnableBigLba
Data type: REG_DWORD
Value data: 0x1

For my last two installs of XP I have because I thought you needed to but
they seem to have removed WinXP from to "information in this article applies
to:" list when they updated the article in July?

Thanks
CES

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello CES,
use this link for Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=303013

They are trying to separate the articles into products, so there now is a
separate article for Windows XP.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]