IOS 5 is here.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Just thought I would post thi as I know there are one or two people on the forum that have iPhones/iPads.
IOS 5 is ready and waiting. All the Google searches I read said it would be available in the UK after 6 pm 12 October.
And its here now. Busy installing on my phone now :D

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
WOW!!! that took long, just over an hour to download IOS 5, wonder how long its gonna take to install :(

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks Evan, downloading this now for my iPad :D

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Thanks Evan, downloading this now for my iPad :D

I am on attempt number five now, kept getting unknown error on the last four try's. Spoke to a mate who is an Apple fanboy and he suggested dissabling my AV while its updating, did so and seems to be working now ( fingers crossed ):D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yep you should have got the new iTunes 10.5 lastnight too. ;)

I'm sitting here waiting patently for the iOS 5 Jailbreak, Untethered of course. :)

Oh, and waiting for my iP5 that ships with iOS5 pre installed, which with any luck should be with me on Friday! :drool:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Yep you should have got the new iTunes 10.5 lastnight too. ;)

I'm sitting here waiting patently for the iOS 5 Jailbreak, Untethered of course. :)

Only got the iTunes 10.5 update this afternoon.
Did you not post an IOS 5 jailbreak vid in your iPhone 5 thread, or was that a teathered break ?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Not been able to update to iOS5 as I'm getting a "3200" error... some googling suggests others are getting this too, so could be because of busy servers?

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Not been able to update to iOS5 as I'm getting a "3200" error... some googling suggests others are getting this too, so could be because of busy servers?

Thats the same as what I got, could be overloaded servers. MAybe me dissabling my AV was just a fluke then. I have looked on Mac forum and can't see anything. But there again this is Apple we are talking about, and judging by their response to the huge virus they got in March, took them something like 18 days to admit they had a problem, then another 4 or so to release a patch which didn't work lol
I'd say just keep trying.
Also with that error it did say to unpug all other USB devices and reboot PC, worth a shot if you have any USB devices plugged in.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Gotta say there are sme nice new features with IOS 5, although I am struggling to see how Apple say 200 + new features, think I have only come across about 15, not to sure about backing up my contacts to iCloud thugh, think I will keep that on my PC :)

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
So I have been playng around with IOS 5 all night, setting it up and what not. Some pretty cool new featres. Although I am slightly miffed though. Some of my apps ( Facebook, Natwest, Pingchat and MSN don't work. I can open the apps, but they just close seconds later. I have deleted them and installed them freh again, but still the ssame thing, they close seconds after been opened :(

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
So I have been playng around with IOS 5 all night, setting it up and what not. Some pretty cool new featres. Although I am slightly miffed though. Some of my apps ( Facebook, Natwest, Pingchat and MSN don't work. I can open the apps, but they just close seconds later. I have deleted them and installed them freh again, but still the ssame thing, they close seconds after been opened :(

Rome was not built in a day ;)

Have patience, there will be updates to solve the issues.:D

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Dammit, since the update all progress on Angry Birds and Sudoku has been lost on the iPad... better start again then! :rolleyes:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Dammit, since the update all progress on Angry Birds and Sudoku has been lost on the iPad... better start again then! :rolleyes:

I know how you feel. I have to start The Smurfs from the begining again :(

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
here's a bit of a wierd one, A ffriend of mine has an iPhone 5, she is trying to upgrade to IOS 5. She says its taking forever, so left it over night and when she got up, it had switched her pc off, she tried again this morning and again it switched her pc off half way through the process :( Any ideas ?

Ask a Question