iPhone 5 rumours *Now Confirmed - iPhone 4S*

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
As is always the case before the launch of a new Apple product, the company is keeping their cards very close to their chest. That does nothing to stop the rumour-mills churning out speculation, so we thought it would be a good idea to gather in a summary of some of the main rumours here:

You can be certain of one thing - we won't know for sure until we actually get our hands on one.

Here are some rumour round-ups with further detail about the potential processor, network and iOS:

TechRadar
cnet UK
T3
Engadget

So what do you think? Will you be getting one as soon as they are (eventually) released?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I want one, had my iP4 since this time last year, which is the longest i've ever had the same phone for! lmao

I have heard many things about it, read many things too, how much is gossip and how much its true? Who honestly knows.

I'd expect...

- A better camera, 8MP to match the Galaxy SII at least.

Pocketnow.com reports that it has discovered a new photo that may have been taken by an iPhone 5. According to the report, EXIF data indicates that the photo was taken by an iPhone 4, but the original image checked in at nearly 8 megapixels prior to cropping, higher than the iPhone 4's 5-megapixel resolution and in line with rumors for the iPhone 5.

This (very attractive) photo claims to have been taken by an iPhone 4, but the rest of its EXIF data tells a different story: although the image has been cropped to 2235x2291 (5.12 megapixels), the original picture was a much larger 3264x2448 -- or just shy of eight megapixels. What's more, the lens was recorded as a 4.3mm f/2.4, which is closer to that of a point-and-shoot than the iPhone 4's actual 3.85mm f/2.8.
http://www.macrumors.com/2011/09/07/potential-first-released-photo-taken-by-an-iphone-5/

- Larger screen, possibly edge to edge?

All we do know for sure is that it wont have the antenna issues like some report on the iP4, Which incidentally i don't suffer with as much as some makes out.

That would be a massive fail on Apples side if they don't address it.....

Also:

http://www.redmondpie.com/vodafone-...d-colors-it-would-be-available-in-screenshot/

Screen-Shot-2011-09-11-at-12.55.39-AM-copy.png

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
All we do know for sure is that it wont have the antenna issues like some report on the iP4, Which incidentally i don't suffer with as much as some makes out.

That would be a massive fail on Apples side if they don't address it.....

Yep, I quite agree. Many sites are speculating that is why they are supposedly returning to a metal back - similar to the 3GS.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
the pic may be a genuine pic from an iPhone 5 mockup, but I know how easy it is to cheat the EXIF data. :)

There is a stereotypical myths about megapixels. :rolleyes:

The big burning question is ... will FBS be able to use it, as a phone. :lol:

runs of to hide

CSB

Reaction score
8 MP Camera ?. I think the iPhone camera has always been poor. My current phone is a 12 MP Camera and 32GB Memory (16 built in and another via a card), although as my future brother in law told me (who is well experienced on photography and has even won prizes for it) told me that it isn't that much better when it comes to how many MP it has as it also depends on the quality of something else (which I can't remember what it was now). Never ask me to remember to tell you something later ! lol.

I've never liked the iPhone myself as I have heard many others in work say after a while they feel they have paid to much money for what they are anyway, but of course, it's up to people entirely if they are happy to be ripped off and is their money to spend as they wish. I certainly wouldn't like someone telling me what I should buy, so I'm not going to start doing it now.

Anyone who buys the iPhone 5, I hope it lives up to your expectations.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
New evidence that iPhone 5 has larger screen leaked

An alleged iPhone 5 screen protector, leaked out of China, adds new evidence that the next-generation Apple handset will have a significantly larger screen than previous models.
What appears to be an iPhone 5 screen protector has appeared on the Hong Kong-based website Unwire.hk, which fits a screen significantly larger than the 3.5-inch display of the iPhone 4. If genuine, the screen protector corroborates long-standing rumors that the iPhone 5 will come with a larger display.
In addition to the larger size overall, the screen protector also has a cutout slot for a bigger, elongated home button

This is not the first time we’ve seen alleged iPhone 5 accessories that would fit a larger device. Earlier this month, design documents emerged for a supposed iPhone 5 case. MacRumors commissioned the production of a case based on the designs, to see how the measurements compared to the iPhone 4. And, sure enough, the case would fit a device estimated at 4.7-inches tall by 2.6-inches wide. The iPhone 4, by comparison, measures 4.5-inches by 2.31-inches.
The case was also shaped differently thickness-wise, measuring 0.3-inches at the top, tapering down to 0.065-inches at the bottom. IPhone 4 has a consistent thickness, from top to bottom.
By MacRumors‘ estimate, the size of the case would mean that the iPhone 5 has a screen size of “at least” 4-inches. This contradicts earlier reports that the iPhone 5 will have a slightly smaller 3.7-inch screen.
This new screen protector, however, provides the first posible look at the size of the screen itself. Because all we have are photos of the screen protector, it’s difficult to judge the exact size of the screen it would fit. But based on the images, we can see that the screen itself extends noticeably beyond the sides of the iPhone 4, bezels and all.
Given that we have an actual product to base this speculation upon, this “rumor” is more substantial than much of the hearsay iPhone 5 chatter we hear so much about. And, in the past, it has not been uncommon to see iPhone accessories leak out of China — where the iPhone is produced — just before the official announcement of the next-generation handset.
Regardless, we should be seeing the actual iPhone 5 soon enough, likely in the first half of October.
UPDATE: BGR is now reporting that smartphone accessories maker Case-Mate published on its website images of cases for the iPhone 5 (they refer to it as “iPhone 4S,” so there’s that), which show the phone with tapered edges, a thinner profile and a metal back — more or less what we’ve seen before.
Case-Mate has since removed the page with the fifth-generation iPhone cases, but not before BGR was able to snag ‘em. Check out the Case-Mate next-gen iPhone cases here.
via MacRumors
http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/new-evidence-that-iphone-5-has-larger-screen-leaked/

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/ne...es/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

and.........

http://www.case-mate.com/iphone-5-4s-cases/

attachment.php

Also from another forum...

If it looks anything like this -

iphone5macrumors.jpg

iphone5macrumors.jpg

Loving the thought of that. :D

Attachments

• case-mate-iphone-5.jpg
    case-mate-iphone-5.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 1,799

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Me too, if its like that or similar then i will have one on pre order. :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
The big burning question is ... will FBS be able to use it, as a phone. :lol:

runs of to hide

Probably not :D

I've had my HTC Wildfire for three months now and whilst I'm more familiar with it I got to be totally honest and say I don't like it at all.

My daughter has an iPhone 4, I had a play with that and - I want one. It is worlds apart from my piece of crap, a fabulous bit of kit.

So I looked on Virgin's site to see if they'd consider a deal where I could swap HTC Wildfire for iPhone4 and.... Virgin don't do the iPhone :(

Which means the only way I can get an iPhone is buy one and as they cost on average about £500.00 they can, as they say, get stuffed. Also I'd need the contents of my standard Sim card transferred to the smaller one which the iPhone takes but that shouldn't be a problem.

If a deal had been available I would have waited for the iPhone5, makes sense to me.

So, I'm either lumbered or will have to consider an alternative, I'd really prefer something with buttons, or at least something with a touch screen that works as well as the iPhone's.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I will be getting the iP5 from Apple sim free. like i did with the 4 and with my last few phones.

It maybe a larger payout at the beginning, but its cheaper in the long run over the period of the contract, not to mention the fact you get a far better contract.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Another mock up i've seem, which could 'fit' the measurements above...

attachment.php

Attachments

• iPhone5_mockup.jpg
    iPhone5_mockup.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 700

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Apple to debut iPhone 5 on October 4: report

The wait is nearly over: Apple will unveil the iPhone 5 on October 4, according to a new report from AllThingsD.

This may be the last iPhone 5 rumor you ever hear: Apple will hold its next big event on October 4, reports John Paczkowski at AllThingsD, who spoke with “sources close to the matter.” During the event, the company’s new chief executive, Tim Cook, will unveil the iPhone 5.

The date lines up perfectly with the early October timeline rumors we’ve been hearing for months on end. Exactly which day has been unclear — some said October 6, some October 15 — but it seemed increasingly apparent that the big day would come during the first half of the month.

While the debut of the extra-long-awaited iPhone 5 is massively important for Apple, the keynote presentation by CEO Tim Cook may hold higher stakes. Since the reveal of the first iPhone in 2007, Steve Jobs made the keynote. His showmanship and innate ability to passionately convey the features of Apple’s newest iThings have played a major part in the success story of the devices.

Now, with Jobs retired as CEO, Cook is tasked with satisfying legions of Apple fanboys, fangirls and market watchers who will surely look to Cook’s performance as an indication of what Apple will become under his rule.
Continue reading here: http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/apple-to-debut-iphone-5-on-october-4-report/

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Excellent, that's not long to go at all! I'm amazed that we're still in the dark about the launch date, design and features... even though it could only be a few weeks away!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yeah but that Apples way isn't it. We wont know bugger all until they actually release it...

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Tomorrows the day! Cant wait, really hoping its going to be a fresh new iP5 and not a faster iP4S.....

Analyst: iPhone 5 to Obliterate All Past iPhone Sales Records

To say that sales expectations for the iPhone 5 are "high" could very well be the understatement of the year.

According to projections made public Monday by Ticonderoga Securities analyst Brian White, sales of the iPhone 5 are poised to shatter all previous iPhone sales - particularly those seen in the immediate days following launch. Citing product interest, expanded retail accessibility, and a media push the likes of which no iPhone has ever received, White believes the iPhone 5 will obliterate (in hype and sales) the unprecedented splash made just last year by the iPhone 4.

Increased exposure to China and the availability of the iPhone on 228 carriers globally (as opposed to just 154 last year when the iPhone 4 debuted) will similarly do wonders to draw massive new waves of buyers to the iPhone 5.

"We expect the iPhone 5 to get a makeover with a sleek, aluminum unibody enclosure that more closely resembles the MacBook Air than the iPhone 4, which will not only prove more aesthetically pleasing but also stronger, lighter and avoid the back-side 'glass breaks' of last year," White observed on the eve of the iPhone 5 reveal.

"With this new enclosure, we believe this will provide Apple with the opportunity to expand the display size by at least one half of an inch to 4 inches and hopefully bigger," he added. "Apple will clearly need to upgrade the processor speed to at least a Dual Core 1.2GHz to match the Samsung Galaxy S II, while upgrading to a 8 mega pixel 1080p camera that is now also on the Galaxy S II."

For months we've read all sorts of speculation and rumors surrounding what features and attributes the iPhone 5 will pack. In fewer than 24 hours, we will finally be able to compare facts with fiction.
http://modmyi.com/content/5428-analyst-iphone-5-obliterate-all-past-iphone-sales-records.html

Ask a Question