Internet Explorer will not access any webpages, need help

Ok internet explorer 6 will not load any pages whatsoever. I am connected to the internet because I can load email and other web browsers so thats not the problem. Everytime I load IE it says "finding www.incredifind.com" on the status bar below but doesnt go anywhere. When I try and type in any other webpage address in the address bar it somehow directs it back to some sort of link within that incredifind webpage. I also noticed a Incredifind folder on my pc. So Basically this incredifind spyware or whatever it is has changed the settings on my IE to direct everthing I try and go to back to them and I have no idea what it did or even when since this is my Dads pc and not mine. I tried using ad aware to catch any spyware, deleted that incredifind folder and did a system restore 3 days back.I also tried resetting my IE settings to default . Well none of that worked and the incredifind folder was there again. I havent tried reinstalling IE and I heard installing IE sp 1 works the same as reinstalling so Im going to try that but I doubt it will work.

Anyone have any suggestions on what could be wrong and how to fix this problem? I am totally stumped as to what has happened.

[...]
.
Your browser has been hijacked you need to run Hijack
This
This link will give you info and links for the download
http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/index.htm

Go to any of these forums and they will help you clean up
your computer.

http://forums.techguy.org/
http://www.techsupportforums.com/
http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19
http://boards.cexx.org/viewforum.php?
f=1&sid=0b5c7c42dc70e12ffe32f4a0807ff6a3

Ok I tried downloading IE sp1 and installing that and it wouldnt install. It said it didnt pass windows logo testing. How is that even possible when its a microsoft program?

Ok I tried downloading IE sp1 and installing that and it
wouldnt install. It said it didnt pass windows logo
testing. How is that even possible when its a microsoft
program?
Did you see my previous reply?

Don Varnau

Scott,
Try the instructions at
http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/library/incredifind/index.phtml
or http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/KeenValue.html

You should also scan for other malware with Ad-aware & Spybot.
See: http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
Also note the security tips on that page.

Don
--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

"Scott" wrote in message
[...]

Ok I fixed it. I used spybot and that did the trick. Thanks for the suggestions guys.