Instaling Software on Different Drive Locations

Reaction score
First of all, my apologies if this sounds daft or is a stupid question ;) lol.

I have just installed a new server at work (running Server 03), which is going to be used for a SharePoint Server, it is using a C drive and a E drive (running RAID) I want to know how to install software on the E drive, leaving C free.

Any help is much appriecated :D

Reaction score
Most installation software allows you to select the installation location m8 :p

Reaction score
If it doesn't then you can usually change the install location with optional parameters ie... /install d:
These are usually specific to the software being installed... I'd google for each application you install.

Reaction score
I think I know what your trying to do..... it's how I've setup the Virtual servers here with the iSCSI SANs.

Reaction score
Nobody in particular said:
First of all, my apologies if this sounds daft or is a stupid question ;) lol.

I have just installed a new server at work (running Server 03), which is going to be used for a SharePoint Server, it is using a C drive and a E drive (running RAID) I want to know how to install software on the E drive, leaving C free.

Any help is much appriecated :D

Everything by default will install to C:\ ..When installing you'll be given the option as to where you want the installl..Just change to the drive of your choice..In your case E:\ simplae as that..

Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
Everything by default will install to C:\ ..When installing you'll be given the option as to where you want the installl..Just change to the drive of your choice..In your case E:\ simplae as that..

Cheers for the reply folks, unfortunatly, I'm installing SharePoint Services and Search Server - which don't give you an option to change the Drive paths. :(

Reaction score
JaLing said:
NiP.... as I said.....
check this link
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923590
gives you the details on changing the install location etc for sharepoint

Many thanks for that JaLing, even thought that link is quite useful, they are the instructions for SharePoint Server, the installation files for Services are different. :p

EDIT: Actually I have just found this, it is for the installation of Services

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc752946.aspx

Hopefully, fingers crossed that I will be able to do it now.

Thanks for your help everyone :thumb:

Last edited:

Ask a Question