input signal out of range

Reaction score
hoping someone can help me. i am gettin "input signal out of range" in the middle of my screen in a little white box as soon as computer boots up. a friend was fixing my pc and changed something to suit his monitor.

monitor is tft5015. my friend also uses a tft monitor but his is widescreen

Reaction score
Try F5 when the pc boots up and use last good known config, also you could try changing the settings on the montior menu its self.

Regards,

Wiz

Reaction score
thanks though the monitor is unresponsive. tried that f5 thing with no joy. my friend advised changing screen resolution and that has given me no joy either.

Reaction score
ruairi said:
thanks though the monitor is unresponsive. tried that f5 thing with no joy. my friend advised changing screen resolution and that has given me no joy either.

Hi,

Have you unpluged the mointor from the pc? and tried to restore it back to factory settings? You could also try it on another pc and see what happens.

Wiz

Reaction score
That message usually dictates the refresh rate is too high. Tell your mate to get his bum back to your house with his monitor connect it up return refresh rate back the standard 60hz before you reconnnect your monitor then start again

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If you boot into safe mode you can adjust the resolution and refresh rate settings from there back to normal. :thumb:

Reaction score
yeah i changed the refesh settings from 85 to 60 and i'm sorted. thanks very much folks.

Ask a Question