Image Loading Problem (page encoding) for IE 6

frustrated IE user

Certain pages I browse with MSIE 6 (latest update) are not
appearing. However, when I go into View/Encoding in the
drop down menu of MSIE and select Western European
(Windows), all works fine. My encoding is set to auto
select but it's constantly selecting Western European
(ISO) on the sites that can't load the images. This has
never happened to me before - it only
started within the past 48 hours. Please help.

James

Hi all,

The same weird thing happened to me on 28th, that, the
image icons appeared to be a "red-X" in my IE6. After a
few attempts it was resolved by changing the character set
from "Traditional Chinese (Big5)" to something else
like "Western European (ISO)".

However, since then, I was unable to use "Traditional
Chinese (Big5)" again and that I am now unable to view
Chinese characters in Asian websites.

I tried to "Remove Windows Components" on IE but it just
didn't work (after removal I can still run IE). Can
anyone help? What shall I do? Thanks.

James