    and not come back?

    Thanks

    Henry

    Henry, May 12, 2012

  2. Henry

    Hot-text Guest

    "Henry" <> wrote in message
    news:jokanb$t2q$...
    >I know this has been discussed before, but every once in a while when I
    >open IE8 in WinXP Pro SP3, the whole top is black and can't be read. I
    >know of the scheme to run/services.msc/themes off/ themes on, and that
    >takes care of the problem. However, it doesn't stick. Is there a method
    >to make it stick and not come back?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Henry

    Henry frend... uninstall IE8 then no problem

    Hot-text, May 12, 2012

  3. Henry

    glee Guest

    "Henry" <> wrote in message
    >I know this has been discussed before, but every once in a while when I
    >open IE8 in WinXP Pro SP3, the whole top is black and can't be read. I
    >know of the scheme to run/services.msc/themes off/ themes on, and that
    >takes care of the problem. However, it doesn't stick. Is there a
    >method to make it stick and not come back?

    As far as I know, Microsoft never fixed it. Are you using the Classic
    theme? That's the scenario I'm aware of where this bug comes up....
    using the Classic theme in XP, with IE8.

    The options in this post seem to be the most complete, other than just
    switching browsers:
    http://www.technibble.com/forums/showpost.php?p=129527&postcount=10

    --
    Glen Ventura