IE won't open - zero spyware

I have Panda, ad-aware and spysweeper all running, and since SP2 many time IE
will not open, not even to explore my computer's contents. The only way I
can get it to open is to control-alt-delete and close any invisible copies if
iexplorer running.

There are no spyware or viruses to blame for this one.

Anyone got a cure?

Don Varnau

Hi,
If taskmanager shows hidden instances of IE, you probably have not removed
all malware.

No one program can remove all malware. Start by downloading and running
CWShredder, Ad-aware and Spybot. Check for updates before running Ad-aware
or Spybot.
See: http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
Also note the security tips and other important information on that page.

Additional information at:
The Parasite Fight http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
More security tips at http://www.aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
Bugs, Glitches & Stuffups: http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/darnit.html
What you can do about spyware and other unwanted software:
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/spywarewhat.mspx

If unsuccessful with those programs, you may have to post a HijackThis log
for analysis. Start at
http://forum.aumha.org/viewtopic.php?t=4075 Then go to
http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm Work through the preliminary cleaning
steps then post a HijackThis log to the forum at

Be patient. It's a busy forum.

HijackThis logs are also analyzed at these (and other) forums. Look for the
proper forum and an "Important- Read This First" message so that you follow
proper procedure.
http://castlecops.com/forums.html
http://tomcoyote.com/forums/
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/