Hyperlinked Org. Chart w/ PowerPoint?

G

I need to update the org charts for several departments. I want them to update the charts themselves using some application that they are familiar with, e.g. Powerpoint. These org charts need to be hyperlinked i.e. each org chart text box is hyperlinked to the email address for the person whose name and contact details are provided within it.

How can I convert these powerpoint pages into MS Frontpage or picture files where
- the hyperlinks created in powerpoint are preserved
- the webpage created from powerpoint does not contain frames
- the page will not have a long download time once you link/insert it within the webpage it will appear within
- the org chart is scaled according to the dimensions I want if I display it within an inline frame of a webpage

Note: I'm using FrontPage 2000 and do not have any fancy 'drawing' tools such as photoshop, macromedia, etc.

T

Thomas A. Rowe

See inline below.

--
==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Compu Geek said:
I need to update the org charts for several departments. I want them to update the charts
themselves using some application that they are familiar with, e.g. Powerpoint. These org charts
need to be hyperlinked i.e. each org chart text box is hyperlinked to the email address for the
person whose name and contact details are provided within it.
How can I convert these powerpoint pages into MS Frontpage or picture files where
- the hyperlinks created in powerpoint are preserved
This depends on how the Presentation is created in your version of PowerPoint
- the webpage created from powerpoint does not contain frames
This depends on the option available in your version of PowerPoint
- the page will not have a long download time once you link/insert it within the webpage it will
appear within
This depends on how the Presentation was created in your version of PowerPoint
- the org chart is scaled according to the dimensions I want if I display it within an inline
frame of a webpage
This depends on how PowerPoint creates the HTML output.

Suggest that you post to the PowerPoint newsgroup as the above issues, are PowerPoint issues, not
FP.

Note: I'm using FrontPage 2000 and do not have any fancy 'drawing' tools such as photoshop,
macromedia, etc.

G

The presentation is created using textboxes and autoshapes lines.
Each textbox is hyperlinke
The powerpoint presentations will either be version 2000 or xp - I have access to bot

I've tried turning the presentations into .mht documents so that I don't have to worry about jpgs and losing hyperlinks. Unfortunately, these pages resize according to how big the inline frame is that you fit it into - I need the org chart to appear within a page that has some other content on it that is not directly related to the org chart

T

Thomas A. Rowe

Like I said, this is a PowerPoint issue not FP, since PowerPoint is creating the output.

If want to manage it with FP, then you will need to modify the pages after you have imported them
into FP.

Have you consider, just linking to the PowerPoint generate pages, and opening it in a new browser
window?

--
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Compu Geek said:
The presentation is created using textboxes and autoshapes lines.
Each textbox is hyperlinked
The powerpoint presentations will either be version 2000 or xp - I have access to both

I've tried turning the presentations into .mht documents so that I don't have to worry about jpgs
and losing hyperlinks. Unfortunately, these pages resize according to how big the inline frame is
that you fit it into - I need the org chart to appear within a page that has some other content on
it that is not directly related to the org chart

S

Stefan B Rusynko

See
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;198073&Product=fp2000
and
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;229301&Product=fp2000

--

| Like I said, this is a PowerPoint issue not FP, since PowerPoint is creating the output.
|
| If want to manage it with FP, then you will need to modify the pages after you have imported them
| into FP.
|
| Have you consider, just linking to the PowerPoint generate pages, and opening it in a new browser
| window?
|
| --
| ==============================================
| Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
| WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
|
| FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
| ==============================================
| To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage support see:
| http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
|
| | > The presentation is created using textboxes and autoshapes lines.
| > Each textbox is hyperlinked
| > The powerpoint presentations will either be version 2000 or xp - I have access to both
| >
| > I've tried turning the presentations into .mht documents so that I don't have to worry about jpgs
| and losing hyperlinks. Unfortunately, these pages resize according to how big the inline frame is
| that you fit it into - I need the org chart to appear within a page that has some other content on
| it that is not directly related to the org chart
|
|

Ask a Question