"HUNGAPP" Error ---- Runs Slow/Hangs Up

G

[WINDOWS XP HOME] --- Used to wrok fine before the crash and had to re-install everything. Very frustrated. Now, it takes 20 seconds before it will CAPTURE, then another 20 seconds to END CAPTURE -- and then . . . after creating the file -- at 100% it just stays there! Trying to END Ctrl-Alt-DEL just gets into a cycle of Error Reporting, etc. Seeking out the answers has proved fruitless as the DIVXAF.AX file did not exist to rename and resetting the acceleration setting caused more problems! Something has gotten screwed up -- perhaps as a result of installing Pinnacle software (of course, that program doesn't even RUN), or something with the software for the Minolta Digital Camera or the Sony Video Camera. All I want is for MOVIE MAKER TO WORK! Got a new 200gig HD and 512mb of RAM now so things should work better than they did before! Please reply directly to: (e-mail address removed)

J

John Kelly

HI there,

Yes a lot of people have complained to me about how they have been told
that DivX is the main source of trouble etc. The advice is unfortunately
hopelessly wrong...what the advise should have been is "If you use program
like DivX to watch bootleg videos over the internet it will mess up Movie
Maker"...as most people do not use DivX the advice is therefore silly.

On the assumption that your issue is related to a codec problem, you can
download a program I wrote called "Rename Codecs" it is very easy to use
and has proved very helpfull to quite a large and ever growing group of
people. You can get it from the downloads section of my website and you
will also see a very short tutorial on how to use it...the tutorial is
short because there is very little for you to know or do.

Ask a Question