How to remove "remember my password option"

Neil

Using IE versions 4,5 or 6 on local intranet with proxy
access to internet.
If user wants to access internet they must verify username
and password using Connect to Proxy authentification box.

I want to remove the option "remember my password".
This is to stop other users using someone elses
authentification.

Any help appreciated.

Neil

Al iAsgar

Hi Neil,

In IE Go to Tools -> Internet Options, in there goto
Content tab, choose the button AutoComplete, over there
you will find many option, choose "Clear Password" to
clear your existing passwords. Hope this helps :)

Don

Thanks

This is exactly what I needed. It worked great.

I'm pretty sure that you can disable password caching.
See: 823057 - The restrictions that are available to Internet Explorer 6.0
SP1:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=823057
IE Restrictions [answers_6]:
http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers_6.htm
JSI Tip 1976. User restrictions in Internet Explorer:
http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBD/tip1900/rh1976.htm

Hope this helps,
Don
--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

"Neil" wrote in message news:205a901c459a3$267a5830 [email protected]...
Using IE versions 4,5 or 6 on local intranet with proxy
access to internet.
If user wants to access internet they must verify username
and password using Connect to Proxy authentification box.

I want to remove the option "remember my password".
This is to stop other users using someone elses
authentification.

Any help appreciated.

Neil

.