    I then registerd these two dll files.

    Still doesn't work...

    Thanks by advance for any ideas.

    Lars, Dec 2, 2003

  2. Lars wrote:

    > When I try to, the system says the service already exists.
    >
    > i tried to delete the :
    > msi.dll file (impossible --> in use...)
    > msihnd.dll
    > msiexec.exe
    >
    > I then registerd these two dll files.
    >
    > Still doesn't work...

    Hi

    Try the methods one by one outlined here to fix Windows Installer problems in
    Win2k and NT4:

    PRB: Incorrect Default DCOM Settings Cause Windows Installer to Stop Responding

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;319624

    After running through the four points above, also try this from Start/Run:

    msiexec /regserver

    If that doesn't solve your problem, and you have MSI 2.0 installed, downgrade
    to version 1.1 (somewhat messy), and then install MSI 2.0 again:

    Downgrading Windows Installer (Win2k):
    http://desktopengineer.com/article.php?story=20020710141950674

    --
    torgeir
    Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of the 1328 page

    Torgeir Bakken (MVP), Dec 2, 2003

  3. Lars

    Lars Guest

    (Lars) wrote in message news:<>...
    > When I try to, the system says the service already exists.
    >
    > i tried to delete the :
    > msi.dll file (impossible --> in use...)
    > msihnd.dll
    > msiexec.exe
    >
    > I then registerd these two dll files.
    >
    > Still doesn't work...
    >
    > Thanks by advance for any ideas.

    Ok, I found the solution.

    These files are in fact protected files, and if are modified or
    deleted, windows restores them.
    Just needed to delete the restore sources, to avoid automatic restore
    : dllcache folder an ServicePackFile folder.

    :)

    Cya,
    Lars

    Lars, Dec 3, 2003
  4. Lars

    sonjaboy

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Try this link: Windows Installer Error. Hopefully, I can help others who seek more information on how to fix windows installer issues:

    sonjaboy, Jun 19, 2009