    Emails from that I was able to access using Outlook Express from the hard
    drive so that I can import them into another system running Outlook?

    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

    Guest, Jan 31, 2007

    Hans Le Roy Guest

    Hi Sandi,

    Look for DBX files (messages) and WAB files (address books).

    CU

    Hans

    Hans Le Roy, Jan 31, 2007

    Hans Le Roy Guest

    Hi Sandi,

    In addition you might have a look at this article that describes those
    files:

    OLEXP: Mail Folders, Address Book, and E-mail Messages Are Missing After
    You Upgrade to Microsoft Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313055

    Kind regards

    Hans

    Hans Le Roy, Jan 31, 2007

    PA Bear Guest

    You cannot import such backed up Outlook Express files directly into MS
    Outlook on another machine, Sandi.

    Backup & Restore OE Data
    http://www.insideoe.com/backup/index.htm
    http://www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx

    Importing OE Data (all DBX files, including Folders.dbx)
    http://www.insideoe.com/faqs/how.htm#importOE5

    Importing a single DBX file
    http://www.insideoe.com/faqs/how.htm#importdbx
    http://www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx (last paragraph)

    About OE Files & Settings
    http://www.insideoe.com/files/index.htm

    About OE Registry Keys
    http://www.insideoe.com/files/regkeys.htm

    Using WinXP's FAST Wizard, by MVP Gary Woodruff
    (Please read the caveats about Outlook Express)
    http://aumha.org/win5/a/fast.htm
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

    PA Bear, Jan 31, 2007

    Re: How to find/retrieve Outlook Express Emails from hard drive ..

    Thanks for the information -- I'll be trying to get my new computer organized
    with my old data this weekend.

    Guest, Feb 2, 2007

    Re: How to find/retrieve Outlook Express Emails from hard drive ..

    Thanks for the information. I do have Outlook Express on this new system, so
    I'm hoping that I would be able to get to the Emails with pictures of my
    niece attached -- I am sure I can live without the others.

    Guest, Feb 2, 2007
  7. Re: How to find/retrieve Outlook Express Emails from hard drive ..

    You can!
    See the first link Robear gave.

    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM, Feb 2, 2007