How to delete Direct CD driver?

I made the mistake of inserting a CD formatted with a Win98 Direct CD
Easy Creator into my mifes's XP-pc. Now, every time she boots, she gets
the annoying message in Danish that Windows has blocked so-and-so Direct
CD driver which would otherwise make the system unstable etc. please go
to so-and-so website for a (costly) update.

I have been unable to locate any deletable file or entries to stop this.
All help greatly appreciated, thanks!

Rock

I made the mistake of inserting a CD formatted with a Win98 Direct CD Easy
Creator into my mifes's XP-pc. Now, every time she boots, she gets the
annoying message in Danish that Windows has blocked so-and-so Direct CD
driver which would otherwise make the system unstable etc. please go to
so-and-so website for a (costly) update.

I have been unable to locate any deletable file or entries to stop this.
All help greatly appreciated, thanks!

Have you looked in Add/Remove programs for an entry for packet writing
software or anything you don't recognize? Another option is run msinfo from
Start | run and look at the drivers section to see if you can find it.

Rock said:
Have you looked in Add/Remove programs for an entry for packet writing
software or anything you don't recognize?

Yes, nothing strange there.
Another option is run
msinfo from Start | run and look at the drivers section to see if you
can find it.

Lots of stuff. The names 'Direct CD', 'Easy CD Creator' or 'Roxio'
aren't conspicous. Could you please give me a clue on where/what to look
for, given that the driver was blocked at startup?

ernie

Here is a clue, Direct CD installs the driver UdfReadr.vxd for reading UDF
CDs, You could search the registry for references to this and remove them.
HTH,
ern.

Your message somehow didn't show up in my newsreader, but I saw it
on Goggle.

Thanks very much for your advice. It worked!

ernie wrote

Nyhedsgrupper: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general