About Direct CD and Easy CD Creator?

John Herbster

Since discovering Direct CD in the Send To menu of WindowsXP (Pro) I have
quit using Easy CD Creator. So, in a clean up, I uninstalled the Easy CD
Creator that came installed on my Dell WinXP laptop. That may have been
mistake -- uninstalling Easy CD Creator may have been the cause of my CD
drive being invisible to WinXP. I finally found that if I deleted certain
Registry entries called UpperFilters and LowerFilters, that WinXP could see
my CD drive again. However, the Send To Direct CD function is missing.

How can I get the Direct CD function back? (Preferably without the Easy CD
Creator.)

Any advice will be appreciated. JohnH

Harry Ohrn MS MVP

Direct CD is part of Easy CD Creator. You will have to reinstall Easy CD
Creator and then select the option for a custom install. Disable the
installation for all options you don't want installed i.e. everything except
Direct CD and that should do it.

Cymbal Man Freq.

I don't know why you can't live with both, unless you are burning coasters with
one and not the other.