    just keep one copy of Windows XP in my computer.

    Thanks;

    Frank

    Guest, May 22, 2005

    Jerry Guest

    You don't have memory on the hard drive - you have space. The problem is it
    is measured using the same term. megabytes or gigabytes.

    You can't just copy the files to fix things.

    You should boot from the XP CD and do a repair install and select the C:\
    drive as the one on which you want to do the repair.

    Jerry, May 22, 2005

  3. You could install again, and select C, then you can edit the Boot.ini to remove the D drive copy.

    You use three switches. If C: is the target, and G: is the CD drive. From start/run, type:

    G:\i386\winnt32 /tempdrive:C /makelocalsource /s:G:\i386

    After setup....
    HOW TO Edit the Boot.ini File in Windows XP: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q289022
    Remove the line for the old OS in [operating systems] by going to Start/Run, and typing C:\BOOT.INI Be sure 'default=' points to the
    new OS
    (or) In XP, press WinKey-Break,(or start/run 'sysdm.cpl'), Advanced Tab, "Start Up and Recovery" area, Settings button, then edit
    the old line out with the edit button. Reboot, and delete the files for the old OS.

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509

    Mark L. Ferguson, May 24, 2005