    I can e-mail documents on letterhead. How do I go about setting that up? I
    have the graphics etc., but can't permanatize them so that I can type below
    and around them. I am using office prof 2003 and windows xp.

    Guest, Jan 9, 2005

  2. See http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/Letterhead.htm for starters.

    --
    Suzanne S. Barnhill
    Microsoft MVP (Word)
    Words into Type
    Fairhope, Alabama USA
    Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
    all may benefit.

    "DocRqst" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I am trying to set up my letterhead graphics as a permanent word template

    so

    Suzanne S. Barnhill, Jan 9, 2005

  3. You use the Header and Footer for this information. Note that Word is really
    designed to produce documents on paper rather than electronic documents.
    Take a look at: How to set up letterhead or some other document where you
    want one header on the first page and a different header on other pages.
    http://www.addbalance.com/word/headersfooters.htm This gives step-by-step
    instructions. (It also has the following links)

    Some other pages to look at:

    Letterhead Tips and Instructions
    http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/Letterhead.htm

    Letterhead Textboxes and Styles tutorial
    http://addbalance.com/word/download.htm#LetterheadTextboxesAndStylesTutorial

    Template Basics
    http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm

    How to Create a Template - Part 2 - essential reading
    http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Customization/CreateATemplatePart2.htm

    Word "Forms"
    http://www.addbalance.com/word/wordwebresources.htm#Forms and

    Word for Word Perfect Users
    http://www.addbalance.com/word/wordperfect.htm if you are coming from a WP
    environment (or even if you are not).

    If you are interested in creating templates that will work with the letter
    wizard or use that wizard, you should look at the chapter on Advanced
    Document Formatting in Using Office 2003 (or whatever your version is),
    Special Edition, by Ed Bott and Woody Leonhard. It has detailed instructions
    including instructions on getting the fields you want from your Outlook
    Contacts for addressing a letter. (Chapter 19 of SE Using Office 2003) You
    should be able to get this through your public library or at Amazon.com
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0789729555/balancecheckbookA/

    Finally, take a look at the letter templates that come with Word. While they
    are no great shakes as letterhead, they do use styles and AutoText lists
    very well. If you use the same style names that are used in those templates
    in your own letterhead for the same parts of the document, you will have
    better luck with using the built-in AutoText entries in Word.

    Hope this helps,
    --

    Charles Kenyon

    from my ignorance and your wisdom.