How do I re-install framedyn.dll? Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

justjohnnygo

Help Please

In an effort to make my pc work more efficiently, I have been cleaning
up my pc this week; removing documents, pictures, websites etc and
saving them on CD-rom.

However, this afternoon, I tried to use the network diagnostics on
“Windows Help and Support”.

It failed and a sign came up stating:
“This application has failed because framedyn.dll was not found.
Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”

I tried to go back to a previous system restore point (i.e. 2days ago)
but this also failed.

How do I re-install framedyn.dll? Any advice or help would be greatly
appreciated.

Yours Truly

justjohnnygo

justjohnnygo

Hi Patti MacCloud

Thankyou. Since I am a computer idiot, your advice was helpful.

First I had to reinstall framedyn.dll in the dllcache.

Then, I had to Verify System Variables. I had to write Path in.

I would never have known to do that ordinarily.

So thank you.

Yours Truly

justjohnnygo

See if the information in this MSKB article helps you to resolve the
problem:

"Application Has Failed to Start Because Framedyn.dll Was Not Found
Error
Message When You Open the System Properties Dialog Box

Patti MacLeod
Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

"justjohnnygo" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message

Help Please

In an effort to make my pc work more efficiently, I have bee
cleaning
up my pc this week; removing documents, pictures, websites etc and
saving them on CD-rom.

However, this afternoon, I tried to use the network diagnostics on
"Windows Help and Support".

It failed and a sign came up stating:
"This application has failed because framedyn.dll was not found.
Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

I tried to go back to a previous system restore point (i.e. 2day
ago)
but this also failed.