how can i create VCDs to be played by DVD player?

Annie

hello guys,

is there any freeware to do it for me. I just want a simple couple of click
tool.
i have some .avi and .mpeg files wat to to change it to be played by DVD.

OT: any shareware even will be good.

thanks

ArjanDotOrg

hello guys,

is there any freeware to do it for me. I just want a simple couple of
click tool.
i have some .avi and .mpeg files wat to to change it to be played by
DVD.

OT: any shareware even will be good.

thanks

DVD2SVCD

Overview:

DVD2SVCD automates the complex multiple steps, and the very latest
techniques, to backup DVDs to CDRs for later playing on a standalone DVD
player (that supports playing VCD/SVCDs). DVD2SVCD supports all steps
from extracting the video information from the DVD, to the final creation
of ready to burn to CDR the popular .bin/.cue format files
(CDrwin/Fireburer/Nero/others). Difficult requirements like multiple
audio tracks and multiple subtitles are all automated for the less
experienced user. DVD2SVCD even has a NTSC to PAL conversion feature.

Homepage: http://www.dvd2dvd.org/ (use IE for proper view of this page)

For related software, check out: http://www.arjan.org/?
Multimedia:Video:Rippers

Kind regards,

Annie

Thanks Arjan,

but i don't want DVD to VCD conversion. I just have some mpegs and .avi
files to convert to VSD or DVD format
that is all

thanks

Allan Bruce

Annie said:
Thanks Arjan,

but i don't want DVD to VCD conversion. I just have some mpegs and .avi
files to convert to VSD or DVD format
that is all

thanks

DVD2SVCD also does avi to vcd/svcd/dvd
Allan

buzz Light Beer

hello guys,

is there any freeware to do it for me. I just want a simple couple of click
tool.
i have some .avi and .mpeg files wat to to change it to be played by DVD.

OT: any shareware even will be good.

thanks

TMPGEnc (Freeware)
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/2005/PL2005MULTIMEDIA.php#0748-PW

VCDeasy ( Last Freeware Version)
For VCD/SVCD chapter points,burning, etc.....after re-rendering w/
TMPGEnc if desired.
http://www.321download.com/LastFreeware/page10.html

VSO DivXToDVD 0.5.0 (Last Freeware Version)
http://www.techspot.com/downloads/497-vso-divxtodvd.html

HTH
/bLB

Whip.Pan

I'd go along with OP and try VSO DivXToDVD 0.5.0 (Last Freeware
Version) . It's great, fast & freeware. And, about as simple as it
gets. I've tried the latest SW vers and really don't see much
improvement, tho I haven't used it exhaustively.

DivXToDVD -- the name is maybe a bit misleading as it does more than
just AVI. You can also force framerate, meaning you can convert PAL
<--> NTSC in the process.

VSO also makes a companion program, CopyToDVD, sorry, not freeware, to
which you can automatically link after DivXToDVD has done it's job,
meaning you can automatically burn your DVD-ready files.

Susan Bugher

buzz said:

erm. . .

Later Freeware version:

http://www.download.com/VSO-DivXtoDVD-Converter/3000-7970_4-10376028.html
v 0.5.2

Last Freeware version:

Program: DivxToDVD
Author: VSO-Software
W: LFW
Ware: (Freeware) v 0.5.2b

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware
http://www.google.com.gr/groups?q=+group:alt.comp.freeware&hl=en

Susan Bugher

buzz said:
on Thu, 28 Jul 2005 12:08:37 -0400, Susan Bugher
Thanks, Susan :)

YW. :)
I just did a quick Google "+last freeware version" search when I found
that it had gone Commercial.
The copy on my box says it's ver 0.5.2.99.

AFAIK v 0.5.2b is a later version. I'm going by the updates Arjan posted for this app (big thanks to
Arjan for his helpful posts):

Subject: [Update] VSO DivXtoDVD Converter v0.52.99 (Last Freeware Version)
From: "ArjanDotOrg" <[email protected]>
Date: 31 Mar 2005 04:15:59 -0800

Subject: [Update] VSO DivXtoDVD Converter v0.5.2b
From: ArjanDotOrg <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 19:14:34 +0000 (UTC)

<q>
Last freeware version of this software, so keep it in a safe place....
</q>

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware