Hover Button problems

Viewers to my web site have to double click on a hover button to bring up a
page. In Front Page Navigation view, it works with a single click. How can
I make sure the hover buttons work with a single click on my web site? Thank
you.

Murray

Search these forums for "hover buttons" to find out the problems with them.
You probably should avoid using them since most people will no longer see
them at all.

It's IE-only behaviour as a result of changes Microsoft made earlier this
year to their browser, regarding how Active Content (Flash, Quicktime etc)
is handled, after losing a high profile court case.

http://blog.deconcept.com/2005/12/15/internet-explorer-eolas-changes-and-the-flash-plugin/

Background:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eolas

To fix it, try http://blog.deconcept.com/swfobject/

--
Murray
--------------

"Front Page 2000 Hover Button" <Front Page 2000 Hover
news:[email protected]...

Reasons why not to use Hover Buttons:
1.. They are flash buttons, so crawlers can't crawl them
2.. They require Extra Files
3.. Using them, you can't create sitemaps.
4.. You can't make sitemaps with them

Murray

FP Hover buttons are not Flash.

--
Murray
--------------

Reasons why not to use Hover Buttons:
1.. They are flash buttons, so crawlers can't crawl them
2.. They require Extra Files
3.. Using them, you can't create sitemaps.
4.. You can't make sitemaps with them

Andrew Murray

Hover butons are not Flash files They are Java Applets! Java Virtual
Machine is required to run/see these applets. Actually it would be better
if they were Flash; more people would be likely to have Flash player than
JVM.

1 They are flash buttons, so crawlers can't crawl them
Actually they are java applets which requires Sun Java (JVM). MS
had their own JVM but it isno longer included in Windows due to the law suit
by Sun Microsystems.

2 They require Extra Files
True, they required JVM to be installed on teh user's machine

3 Using them, you can't create sitemaps.
True.

4 You can't make sitemaps with them
ditto as per (3) above

I say they're Flash controls, joint with Java applets, but this buttons
don't work in Google page indexing, or other search engines. You can't crawl
pages for sitemaps with these.

Try AspHost4Free. They have DB/MDB/Access Support, ASP support and FP
Extensions :)

http://www.asphost4free.com/