Hi from "the Land Down Under"

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to the site - computer novice but trying :D

I posted my first PC problem yesterday JIT Debugger and already it's been resolved by Muckshifter that same day.

I'd like to once again thank Muckshifter for helping me resolve my PC problem in such a prompt and helpful way.:thumb:

I'm so glad I came across this site as I had been stumbling around trying to fix the problem for 3 weeks and driving my hubbie and toddler crazy.

I'll certainly be recommending this site to all my PC novice friends.:thumb:

:wave:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Hi Cherish, and welcome to the forum
happywave.gif

Glad we could be of help - Mucks is certainly good at helping folks here, however for miracles he sometimes has to charge :D

Reaction score
Welcome Cherish, quite a cool online handle BTW. Glad to hear you resolved everything quickly. Welcome to the site.

Just for the record Mucks's sarcasm does not come free. However easily solved by making a prompt payment via Paypal ;)

Aint that right Mucks? :D

OMG is nearly 4:30 AGAIN!!!!!

Damn cya

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Hiya Cherish :wave: where be you? I'm a kiwi but half my family are Aussies :)

Hey Trips, burning the old midnight again? :p

We're all pretty nutty here, but you probably figured that already so pull up a chair & grab yourself a cold one :D:thumb:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Hello & Welcome ... again. :D

Call-out fees to the 'Land Down Under' ain't that bad ... the airfare will do me. ;)

TD, I don't do PayPall, it'll have to be a bank transfer. :thumb:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Hello and welcome

Im sure Mucks welcomed the Thanks...he regularly solves peoples problems because he really is a star...Welcome Cherish and long may you stay in our never ending growing community ...unlike cirianz some of us like warm beer (wait till you meet Murdoch ) :thumb:

Reaction score
G'day Cherish and Welcome to PCReview;)
I'm Murdoch and i'm afraid to say i'm the only sane person on this forum, there are a few here who like a drink or two, not me i prefer only orange juice. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
thank you everyone for your warm and funny welcomes. I see most of you are in the UK - must say I love the UK comedy TV shows so I can see humour is part and parcel of being English.;)

cirianz I live in Sydney - moved here in '87 from up near Coffs Harbour (big banana territory - lol).

Nice and sunny here today - top temp today will be 18 degrees. I saw on the news here the other day you had a bit of a heat wave in UK recently. Hope you all took advantage of it and spent the day at the beach.

Any of you been to OZ yet?? Great place - my folks live at Hervey Bay, Queensland the gateway to beautiful Fraser Island. Very popular with overseas tourists especially backpackers - great if you love camping and fishing.

Rush I don't think my hubbie would like having a warm beer with you. :D Us Aussie like our coldies. When my hubbie is on his way home from work he phones ahead to tell me to stick a few beers from the fridge into the freezer for him so they are good & cold for when he gets home.

murdoch my toddler would love you - he loves his OJ ;) although somehow I think you were saying that tongue in cheek :D

muckshifter I'll make sure I single you out if I have anymore PC probs so you can come on over to Oz - I'll start saving for your airfare - lol

TriplexDread I don't know about Paypal as I'm a SAHM now - will have to speak to hubbie about a donation ;) I can cook a mean roast if that helps:lol: (just had to use that smilie - love it)

have a great day everyone and thank you again for your lovely welcomes - looks like a really great site and looks like you all have a great time together.

:wave:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I just gotta say one thing - warm beer sucks :)

Give me ice cold anytime.

They're a bit weird north of Watford.....

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Haven't been to Sydney since I was a kid sorry. Did some of my growing up in Geelong But most of my Rellies now live out the outback in assorted small towns. Haven't actually been over to Oz since I was 20 (18 years ago. scary) & been living in Dunedin NZ most of that time. Was a student at first, now I'm busy raising short things that are related to me. Trying to teach them how to be responsible adults. I figure, if they can get a handle on it then maybe they can show me :nod:

Reaction score
Hi cirianz, I've been trying to get out of Sydney for 11 1/2 yrs now. I had a lovely little place picked out to buy in Hervey Bay, QLD but met my hubbie who was born/raised in Syd so I'm still here. Hope to sell up and move by this time next year but we'll probably end up in Brisbane. I have a brother/wife/3kids that live there so it will be nice to be near family again.

I've never been to NZ but hope to one day. My brother's wife is a Kiwi (not a Maori) and her parents and sister still live over there. She moved here about 19 years ago to do her nursing and met my brother during that time so she's still here. They've been to NZ a couple of times and are going again next year to catch up with her family.

I've got one short thing (funny term :D ) that keeps me on my toes - my how you're life changes once they come along hey.

floppybootstomp whenever you're in OZ come and have a coldie with my hubbie - he'd rather give up beer all together if all they served in pubs here was warm ones :lol:

Ask a Question