Help Me!

Reaction score
i have a sony dcr-pc3e camcorder and a recordable dvd player. when i link the two up together with a dv link it records fine up until the first piece of recording is finished and the new bit starts. thats when the sound fails and when i play it back it makes a noise of the people talking but is inaudioble but the first bit of film is fine. i dont know if that makes any sense to any one. i am a complete novice when it comes to forums and technical jargon, so please be gentle!

Reaction score
Just maybe...?

Hi mate,

Could there be a really slim chance that the actual soundtrack on the source is corrupted? And this is being carefully duplicated by your DVD Recorder?

Plug the Camera straight into your TV (If possible, and watch the footage there before copying etc.)

OK, so now we've checked the obvious... There's some interesting memory incompatibilities that you need to be aware of..
http://kb.sony-europe.com/SRVS/CGI-...36008884,K=2838,Sxi=19,Decision_Tree=obj(1159)

Using one of them?

Failing this - There's another possibility that you have dodgy media.
Every now and then DVD Discs just produce rubbish - not your fault. Just a manufacturing flaw! :nod:

Connectivity is sorted - otherwise you wouldn't get the first part.

If you still have things covered by Warranty - then you could go for the Memory/Camera/BOTH replacement-option.

Let us know how things go mate.
:)

Kev

Reaction score
AbsoluteKevster said:
Hi mate,

Could there be a really slim chance that the actual soundtrack on the source is corrupted? And this is being carefully duplicated by your DVD Recorder?

Plug the Camera straight into your TV (If possible, and watch the footage there before copying etc.)

OK, so now we've checked the obvious... There's some interesting memory incompatibilities that you need to be aware of..
http://kb.sony-europe.com/SRVS/CGI-...36008884,K=2838,Sxi=19,Decision_Tree=obj(1159)

Using one of them?

Failing this - There's another possibility that you have dodgy media.
Every now and then DVD Discs just produce rubbish - not your fault. Just a manufacturing flaw! :nod:

Connectivity is sorted - otherwise you wouldn't get the first part.

If you still have things covered by Warranty - then you could go for the Memory/Camera/BOTH replacement-option.

Let us know how things go mate.
:)

Kev
hello fella!
thanks for your reply to my thread. i havent really had time to check out all the stuff you mentioned [have been massively busy] but i did play it back on my tv and it works fine and i had a quick look on that sony site and it looks like the solution could be there. i will just have to spend a bit of time and brain power on it. thanks for taking the time to answer me and i will let you know how i get on thanks mate!
geeman.

Ask a Question