Camera not recognized

Discussion in 'Windows XP Video' started by brickman, May 1, 2009.

  1. brickman

    brickman Guest

    I just bought a Sony DCR-TRV320 digital 8mm camcorder to transfer some old
    movies to DVD's. The camera seems to work fine but the only way to capture is
    thru a Dazzle device (USB) to Studio 10. Nero or WMM does not recognize the
    camera and thru the firewire cable, nothing recognizes it, I don't even get a
    ping from Windows. Any help?
     
    brickman, May 1, 2009
    #1
    1. Advertisements

  2. brickman

    Jerry Guest

    You should have asked the tech support folks at Sony - it is their device.

    "brickman" <> wrote in message
    news:D...
    >I just bought a Sony DCR-TRV320 digital 8mm camcorder to transfer some old
    > movies to DVD's. The camera seems to work fine but the only way to capture
    > is
    > thru a Dazzle device (USB) to Studio 10. Nero or WMM does not recognize
    > the
    > camera and thru the firewire cable, nothing recognizes it, I don't even
    > get a
    > ping from Windows. Any help?
     
    Jerry, May 1, 2009
    #2
    1. Advertisements

  3. brickman

    brickman Guest

    Wow, that's a real smart answer, if you knew any better (and I know you
    don't) you would realize that this camera is over 6 years old. I bought it
    used and Sony tech support is a joke.

    "Jerry" wrote:

    > You should have asked the tech support folks at Sony - it is their device.
    >
    > "brickman" <> wrote in message
    > news:D...
    > >I just bought a Sony DCR-TRV320 digital 8mm camcorder to transfer some old
    > > movies to DVD's. The camera seems to work fine but the only way to capture
    > > is
    > > thru a Dazzle device (USB) to Studio 10. Nero or WMM does not recognize
    > > the
    > > camera and thru the firewire cable, nothing recognizes it, I don't even
    > > get a
    > > ping from Windows. Any help?

    >
    >
    >
    >
     
    brickman, May 2, 2009
    #3
  4. brickman

    Andrew E. Guest

    Youre in the wrong area of windows media for "capturing video",WMP
    simply has nothing to do with that,its a "player"...To capture
    audio/video,one
    needs a video capture card,or tv capture card installed to the
    pc.Video-in,would
    be thru RCA jacks,or S-Video,USB not sure.Either way,once youve got video-in
    hardware,download & install windows encoder 9 series,plus its utilities.The
    encoder captures,converts,analog video/audio,then WMP will play it & burn it
    to a DVD if you have a dvdrw.ATI has a capture card,it starts at about 50.00.

    "brickman" wrote:

    > I just bought a Sony DCR-TRV320 digital 8mm camcorder to transfer some old
    > movies to DVD's. The camera seems to work fine but the only way to capture is
    > thru a Dazzle device (USB) to Studio 10. Nero or WMM does not recognize the
    > camera and thru the firewire cable, nothing recognizes it, I don't even get a
    > ping from Windows. Any help?
     
    Andrew E., May 2, 2009
    #4
  5. brickman

    cavalier Guest

    >cavalier wrote, Do some searching in Sony site for Picture Package good
    place to
    start>>>http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=sony+picture+package+download&form=QBLH

    "Andrew E." wrote:

    > Youre in the wrong area of windows media for "capturing video",WMP
    > simply has nothing to do with that,its a "player"...To capture
    > audio/video,one
    > needs a video capture card,or tv capture card installed to the
    > pc.Video-in,would
    > be thru RCA jacks,or S-Video,USB not sure.Either way,once youve got video-in
    > hardware,download & install windows encoder 9 series,plus its utilities.The
    > encoder captures,converts,analog video/audio,then WMP will play it & burn it
    > to a DVD if you have a dvdrw.ATI has a capture card,it starts at about 50.00.
    >
    > "brickman" wrote:
    >
    > > I just bought a Sony DCR-TRV320 digital 8mm camcorder to transfer some old
    > > movies to DVD's. The camera seems to work fine but the only way to capture is
    > > thru a Dazzle device (USB) to Studio 10. Nero or WMM does not recognize the
    > > camera and thru the firewire cable, nothing recognizes it, I don't even get a
    > > ping from Windows. Any help?
     
    cavalier, May 2, 2009
    #5
  6. brickman

    brickman Guest

    Andrew, thank you but I do have a firewire capture card, I'm beginning to
    think there is something wrong with the output signal on the camera (although
    the other outputs work OK) I will look into encoder 9 series, thanks again.

    "brickman" wrote:

    > I just bought a Sony DCR-TRV320 digital 8mm camcorder to transfer some old
    > movies to DVD's. The camera seems to work fine but the only way to capture is
    > thru a Dazzle device (USB) to Studio 10. Nero or WMM does not recognize the
    > camera and thru the firewire cable, nothing recognizes it, I don't even get a
    > ping from Windows. Any help?
     
    brickman, May 2, 2009
    #6
  7. Hello,

    There should be a 'ding' sound when you connect the firewire cable. First
    power off the camcorder. Leave the PC on. Connect the Firewire cable. Now
    change the camcorder to Play mode. You should get the 'ding' sound and there
    should be a new entry in My Computer.

    If no such sound, check that the firewire port is working on both devices.

    _____
    http://www.tompangbuddy.com
    Share Cab, Carpool and Save Earth in Singapore
    http://www.bootstrike.com/VHSVideoConvert/
    Video Conversion Service VHS Video8 Hi8 miniDv Digital8 VHS-C S-VHS tapes to
    VCD/DVD
    "brickman" <> wrote in message
    news:D...
    >I just bought a Sony DCR-TRV320 digital 8mm camcorder to transfer some old
    > movies to DVD's. The camera seems to work fine but the only way to capture
    > is
    > thru a Dazzle device (USB) to Studio 10. Nero or WMM does not recognize
    > the
    > camera and thru the firewire cable, nothing recognizes it, I don't even
    > get a
    > ping from Windows. Any help?
     
    TompangBuddy.Com, May 3, 2009
    #7
  8. brickman

    brickman Guest

    Tompang, you're correct, and I do not get the "ping", that's what makes me
    think the problem is in the camera. Anyway, I rigged up some cables and I'm
    using another camera as a bridge between the PC and the 320.

    Thanks to everybody!!

    "TompangBuddy.Com" wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > There should be a 'ding' sound when you connect the firewire cable. First
    > power off the camcorder. Leave the PC on. Connect the Firewire cable. Now
    > change the camcorder to Play mode. You should get the 'ding' sound and there
    > should be a new entry in My Computer.
    >
    > If no such sound, check that the firewire port is working on both devices.
    >
    > _____
    > http://www.tompangbuddy.com
    > Share Cab, Carpool and Save Earth in Singapore
    > http://www.bootstrike.com/VHSVideoConvert/
    > Video Conversion Service VHS Video8 Hi8 miniDv Digital8 VHS-C S-VHS tapes to
    > VCD/DVD
    > "brickman" <> wrote in message
    > news:D...
    > >I just bought a Sony DCR-TRV320 digital 8mm camcorder to transfer some old
    > > movies to DVD's. The camera seems to work fine but the only way to capture
    > > is
    > > thru a Dazzle device (USB) to Studio 10. Nero or WMM does not recognize
    > > the
    > > camera and thru the firewire cable, nothing recognizes it, I don't even
    > > get a
    > > ping from Windows. Any help?

    >
    >
    >
     
    brickman, May 6, 2009
    #8
    1. Advertisements

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. cky

    camera not recognized

    cky, Oct 7, 2003, in forum: Windows XP Video
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    250
    Cari \(MS-MVP\)
    Oct 7, 2003
  2. Guest

    Camera not recognized

    Guest, Aug 10, 2005, in forum: Windows XP Video
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    298
    Cari \(MS-MVP\)
    Aug 10, 2005
  3. Guest

    DV Camera Not Recognized Properly

    Guest, Oct 11, 2005, in forum: Windows XP Video
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    260
    Graham Hughes
    Oct 12, 2005
  4. Replies:
    20
    Views:
    1,502
    Graham Hughes
    Mar 16, 2006
  5. Panzy

    Re: video camera not recognized

    Panzy, Oct 2, 2009, in forum: Windows XP Video
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    561
    Panzy
    Oct 3, 2009
Loading...

Share This Page