Help - email only working on incoming

Reaction score
Hi guys, wonder if you can help I'm trying to send emails out and i keep getting message:

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was '(e-mail address removed)'. Subject 'RE: Holes in outside walls', Account: 'belizephil', Server: '217.148.32.34', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 553, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

the same message appears for each new email sent.

Can anyone help with a very easy solution

I'm on pipex broadband - if that's any help (and using Outlook Express XP)

Also tried to send via MS Outlook and got this message

Task 'belizephil - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC65) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: 503 valid RCPT command must precede DATA'

Thanks
Dramaqueen

Reaction score
Hey,

Check your username and password fully, what mail server are you trying to establish a link with, a webhosting server or a pipex SMTP server?

Also make sure you have the right port, e.g. your sending through 25, (some ISP's, mainly Wanadoodles like to annoy people by blocking this port) so give 26 a shot, as most hosts enable this because of the ISP blocking 25 problem.

Give them a try and feedback with any new errors or problems,

Chris,

Reaction score
i think it's a pipex server i'm using. name, password shouldn't be a problem as it logs on automatically
Thanks. I'm a technophobe, so go through things VERY easy with me. I'll look for the 25 thing and have a go

got this message back

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'belizephil', Server: '217.148.32.34', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 26, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Any other possibilities?
Many thansk
Andrea

Reaction score
Hrm,

Is this trying to send emails?

As i can pop you over a SMTP server if you need one, as you can use any SMTP server with an email account,

Anyhow, stick it on port 25, and stick smtp.freeserve.com in the SMTP section, and give that a go.

Should work,

Chris,

Reaction score
Yes, it is trying to send emails that i'm having problems with. Incoming, no probs.

Thanks Chris, I tried the freeserve smtp you gave me i think i did it right and got this as a reply

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was (e-mail address removed). Subject 'RE: Holes in outside walls', Account: 'belizephil', Server: 'smtp.freeserve.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 Administrative prohibition', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

?????hhelp

Reaction score
Try emailing (e-mail address removed)

Say something like test in the subject and content and hit send, does it error with that?

Chris,

Reaction score
Ypu, it errors with that

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was (e-mail address removed). Subject 'test from dramaqueen', Account: 'belizephil', Server: '217.148.32.34', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 553, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

???

Reaction score
Yes but thats reverting back to your SMTP,

Leave it on freeserve SMTP and email the gmail acct...

I will look into the error more now.

Chris,

Reaction score
OK done

got this message back

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was (e-mail address removed). Subject 'test 2 with freeserve stmp', Account: 'belizephil', Server: 'smtp.freeserve.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 Administrative prohibition', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

put in smtp.freeserve.com in the outgoing mail SMTP box - this correct?

Reaction score
Yes,

Erm,

Sounds like a Pipex / Setting problem as i tried the common problems, ill just double check again.

Chris,

Reaction score
Drama,

looks like a probem with the mail server. speak to your ISP. It's a problem that only occurs with UNIX/LINUX based servers.

J

Reaction score
Chris, just sent you an email to the addree given before. Let me know if you get it! Close to my bedtime now, so if i'm not around i'll pick it up tomorrow.

Thanks all for all your help tonight. Will let you know if i've managed to get it up and running

Dramaqueen

Reaction score
Woops,

I typed it wrong, its (e-mail address removed)

Send again... see if it finally works.

Chris,

Reaction score
Hi Chris + others, looks like i've got it working. Took Techy's advice and had a look on pipex site. Found advanced settings for SMTP and added smtpauth.dsl.pipex.comto outgoing mail in properties. seems to have done the trick. Previously is was 217.148.32.34

Anyway thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Andrea

Reaction score
Hi,

I got your email and replied accordingly,

Glad everything is working fine now :)

Chris,

Ask a Question