    'POP3', Server: 'smtp.aol.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '553 5.7.1
    <>: Sender address rejected: not logged in', Port: 25,
    Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 553, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

    Kmussett, Jul 14, 2010

  2. Kmussett

    Dave N9 Guest

    Change the outgoing (SMTP) port number from 25 to 587, as per.......
    http://about.aol.com/faq/openmailaccess#OE6
    These instructions for OE will work for Windows Mail.

    Also, make sure "My server requires authentication" is checked.

    Dave N.
    MS-MVP (Mail)
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64
    http://download.live.com/wlmail
    "Kmussett" wrote in message

    I can not send emails, I keep getting the error message below. I have aol
    and
    am using the aol incomming and outgoing settings. Any help would be
    appreciated.

    The rejected e-mail address was ''. Subject 'test', Account:

    Dave N9, Jul 14, 2010