HD Drive Problem

Reaction score
Blue Ray Drive Problem

Hey All,

Strange Problem for you. Just brought Assassins Creed 2, was looking forward to playing it. Put the disc in the drive and nothing. Computer doesn't think there is a disc in there.

The drive is a Blue-Ray drive. Put it in another DVD disc and that worked fine so I thought it was the game but then I put it into my brothers computer and it worked fine.

So there must be some setting or drive problem. I have tried updating the driver but no update is available.

Any Ideas anyone?

DA

Last edited:
Reaction score
What about other DVDs ? Are they working? if not,check the cable connections.

Reaction score
Morning All,

1. Yes all other DVD's were working
2. No firmware upgrade was available.

Doesn't matter though turned on the machine this morning and it is now all working. Just have to put it down to one of those mysteries of life.

Thanks for the help anyway.

DA

Reaction score
Lost count of the times a restart sorted problems out on my pc glad it's sorted.

Reaction score
Yes I know but the thing is I did many restart's when I was trying to fix it last night.

Mystery......

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Possibly an iffy/intermittent cable.

If it happens again try replacing the signal cable and using a different PSU connector.

Reaction score
I've had the same problem with my drive not being able to read some discs in particular DVD's, and yet in my wife's older computer they work fine, seems to be a issue with some newer drives being a little tempramental with certain discs, try cleaning the drive, standard DVD player cleaner should suffice i tried everything here and the simple clean did the job after hours of trying everything else Spam link removed, irritant banned - fbs

Reaction score
Well following the spammer I thought I would just post the actual solution in case anyone else has the problem in the future.

I'm afraid you are not going to like the fix. I had to send back to the people who supplied the computer to get it replaced. Luckily for me it was free as it was still in warranty other people might not have such luck.

DA

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Glad it's working now DA :). Good job it was under warranty still!

Ask a Question