Windows 7 No Drivers Found

Reaction score
My son has an emachine laptop. i replaced the Hard drive a few months ago and its been working fine. One day it wouldn't start, he heard something ratling inside and the Hard drive had come away from the fitting. I put it back and now it wont start. I get " Check cable connection pxe-mof existing intel pxe rom no bootable device. Insert disc and press any key". I put the Windows 7 disc in the tray and pressed "Install Now" I thought i'd reinstall a fresh copy of Windows 7 as he was getting lots of infections and popups. I get the message "We cannot find any drives. to get a storage driver click load driver. I press browse and i think ive tried every option but it still cannot find any drivers. There are other options like repair and ive tried those. If anyone can help me i would be grateful. Thanks

Reaction score
I suggest you check the pins/connector of the drive and plugs. Something may have snapped off

Reaction score
Ok, ive managed to sort my problem out. The Hard drive will not stay in its holder. When i screw the flap down and turn the laptop over it comes loose from its holder. I wedged a piece of newspaper in the slot, its held in and now working ok. Thanks for the help.

Reaction score
Its working fine now although i'm not comfortable with it being wedged in with paper. Does the drive get hot? I'm just doing some updates now and will put some rubber or insulated tape to hold it in.

Reaction score
what would be the best thing to wedge behind the hard drive then? Theres a gap of about 1/2 inch

Reaction score
Its not the orirginal drive that was with the laptop. It was a replacement that i bought from a Pc store. I took the original with me and i was told thats the one you want. Its been ok for about 6 months. I dont know if it was dropped but the hard drive came away from the mounting. It was tightly packed in when the flap was screwed down but now seems loose

Ask a Question