Have DiskSpace - Need Freeware

Anthony B

I have looked at many freewares sites but can't find any quality games.. I
am sick of the 2mb downloads. Where can I really get some good (and I know
that doesn't always mean large) freeware?

Looking for Puzzle (Like DROD or MYST) or Strategy (Like turn based
simulations)

And I mean FREEWARE.. no demo's or shareware.

Thank you in advance.

Susan Bugher

Anthony said:
I have looked at many freewares sites but can't find any quality games.. I
am sick of the 2mb downloads. Where can I really get some good (and I know
that doesn't always mean large) freeware?

Looking for Puzzle (Like DROD or MYST) or Strategy (Like turn based
simulations)

And I mean FREEWARE.. no demo's or shareware.

Try asking in alt.comp.freeware.games and/or check out that newsgroup's favorite sites:

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acfg/acfg.php

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

MLC

domenica 4 settembre 2005 Mel ha scritto:

Wrong thread, Mel? ^_^
Maybe not, because finding a good firewall is becoming a puzzle.

Anyway, are you using this SensiveGuard? Is it good?

--
Maria Luisa C - 04/09/2005 23.08.09
You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five

B. R. 'BeAr' Ederson

I have looked at many freewares sites but can't find any quality games.. I
am sick of the 2mb downloads. Where can I really get some good (and I know
that doesn't always mean large) freeware?

There's another freeware group specialized in games:

alt.comp.freeware.games

You might get better responses there. For me there's one game which beats
all other - Nethack:

www.nethack.org

But as often: Some are addicted to that, others ditch it after the first
minutes.

Regarding to Puzzle. There is a site where a couple of Nerds revive
classic adventure games. Have a look, yourself:

www.agdinteractive.com

BeAr

Nunya Bizniss

I have looked at many freewares sites but can't find any quality games.. I
am sick of the 2mb downloads. Where can I really get some good (and I know
that doesn't always mean large) freeware?

Looking for Puzzle (Like DROD or MYST) or Strategy (Like turn based
simulations)

And I mean FREEWARE.. no demo's or shareware.

Thank you in advance.

Perhaps this might be of interest? http://cube.sourceforge.net/

mike555

Anthony said:
I have looked at many freewares sites but can't find any quality games.. --snip--

Free games I like:
DX-Ball ........ http://www.magicwandsoft.com/games/dxball/
Roll-em-up ...... (pinball )
http://www.dommelsch.nl/fun/upgames2_init.cfm
the site is in Dutch but you can read "download" next to Roll-em-up
Elimination2 ........ http://justin.hoffman.tripod.com .....
(don't get #3 unless you want to play online)
Quick backgammon ...... http://www.geocities.com/geertsbg
even if you haven't played ,you'll like it when you learn.
Fish ..... (card game) ....... http://www.adders.org/freeware/
Chicken invaders ........ http://ia.freeshell.org/download.htm
a space invaders clone , with chickens......
UNO ----------- http://www.angells.com/fun/downloads/games/
classic card game.

=== other sites to get good small games ===
http://www.adders.org/freeware/
http://www.ded.com/nonags/index.html
http://www.angells.com/fun/downloads/games/
http://gamehippo.com * (make sure they are not