Graphics Issue ... Intel 865 motherboard

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently bought an intel 865 gvhz motherboard. It has onboard graphics card ..... 82865 Intel graphics controller ..... I installed Win XP on it ...... then DirectX 9.0c redist ...... the other config of the machine is ..... Intel P4 2.40 hz, 512 Ram . I tried to start a few simple games like nfs2se and the machine just restarted .... no error msg, nothing ....... I even tried Roadrash and other small games .... but the same problem .... so I ran the Direct Draw test and the machine again just reboots during the test ..... What could be the problem ..... Is this a problem with the graphics port which is onboard, or it is with DirectX ...... ? And is there any method to check if the graphics port and its controller on the motherboard is fine ?

Thank you..

Ultratech .....

Reaction score
prob a driver issue, the event log may reveal the answer.

check intels website for the latest display driver and any associated motherboard drivers, eg chipset.

Reaction score
How to increase graphics memory

Sir,
which graphics card and of how much memory will be best solution to improve the performance of 865gvhz motherboard's graphics.
Kindly help me in this matter.

Reaction score
Hi, do a ram test. Microsoft do a ram checker which will pinpoint any problems with your ram. Worked for me and it sorted out alot of my problems including random restarts without a log file.

Ask a Question