GeForce GTX 670 Graphics Card

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Today sees the launch of the GeForce GTX 670, being the latest in the 600-series from NVIDIA. The GTX670 has a much more consumer friendly price tag than the GTX 690 released recently, let's see what the reviewers think:

"The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 has become the card to have if you are looking in the $400 price range and want the best of everything!"
Legit Reviews

"The GTX 670 is a strong addition to the latest range of GeForce cards. From that price point and above NVIDIA are hard to beat and we look forward to seeing how they take on the Radeon 7800 series..."
Hardware Heaven

"Overall the GTX 670 is a beast of a card that comes at a reasonable price of $399 when looking at the current-generation high-end segment. AMD's HD 7950 costs $380 and is hopeless against the GTX 670. HD 7970 at $450 might be a tiny bit faster, but loses on power and noise - and is 50 bucks more expensive."
Tech Power Up

"Ultimately, we feel that the new GeForce GTX 670 is another strong offering from NVIDIA. The card offers all of the features of the higher-end GeForce GTX 680 and 90+% of the performance, but at a lower price."
Hot Hardware

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Currently priced between £325 and £360 at E-Buyer. That's more like it, that's about the price I'd expect for a top video card. Them 680's and 690's is silly money.

I do wonder though, in a year or so, whether I'll be able to snap up a 690 for the same money. Probably.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
These cards look to be beasts! With a very good Price v's Performance.. With a bit of an overclock they are near as makes no difference a 680, for about £100 less! ...and there are custom cooler version out already! :D

I am going to have to have a lot of will power over the coming days...... :drool:

Few more cards reviews here....

GeForce GTX 670 Review (Stock)
So with all that said it's time to wrap up the review and dive into the conclusion. We definitely like the GeForce GTX 670, we stated it in the GTX 680 review already; it is quite amazing what NVIDIA is able to do with the GK104 which we still think was intended to be the mid-range chip.

Cutting away one shader cluster (SMX) and lowering the core GPU clock frequency remains a bit of a paradox as the card remains to be very fast. The tests have shown it, it's at best 10% away from the GTX 680 so that makes it a really good position to be in.

The most most defining factor for any high end range product is as always pricing though, currently the indication for the GeForce GTX 670 2 GB is around the 399 USD marker. Prices in the EU are 329 EUR Ex VAT, so here in the Netherlands that would be 390 EUR in the initial launch phase. We feel that is a lot yet a fair amount of money for what you are purchasing.

ASUS GeForce GTX 670 DirectCU II TOP Review
So with all that said it's time to wrap up the review and dive into the conclusion. We definitely like the ASUS GeForce GTX 670 DirectCUII TOP edition, we stated it in the GTX 680 review already; it is quite amazing what NVIDIA is able to do with the GK104 which we still think was intended to be the mid-range chip. Cutting away one shader cluster (SMX) and lowering the core GPU clock frequency remains a bit of a paradox as the card remains to be very fast. With the pretty dandy factory overclock the loss is compensated, making thus product operate at reference GTX 680 performance levels (with a small offset here and there of course).

ASUS has an offering for you that comes factory overclocked, it is boosting the GPU even over 1200 MHz already making the product really shine. The overall design is the evolution of the DirectCU II TOP DNA, and that shows. We have respect for NVIDIA's partners that go the extra mile with a custom product. The DirectCU II cooler does its job really terrific, in idle you will not hear the card, under stress neither.

Let's hope pricing will remain a little under control though. If you can find the card at roughly 449 USD then we can wholeheartedly recommend it. It offers a lot of performance in it's default setup and most the tweaking has been done for you. Definitely a product we can highly recommend.

Palit GeForce GTX 670 JetStream Review
So with all that said it's time to wrap up the review and dive into the conclusion. We definitely like the Palit GeForce GTX 670 JetStream, we stated it in the GTX 680 review already; it is quite amazing what NVIDIA is able to do with the GK104 which we still think was intended to be the mid-range chip.

Cutting away one shader cluster (SMX) and lowering the core GPU clock frequency remains a bit of a paradox as the card is still very fast. The tests have shown it, it's at best 10% away from the GTX 680 so that makes it a really good position to be in.

Palit has an offering for you that comes factory overclocked, it is boosting the GPU close to 1200 MHz already making the product perform dangerously close towards GTX 680 performance. The overall design is nice, we have respect for NVIDIA's partners that go the extra mile with a custom design PCB. The JetStream cooler does its job sufficiently, in idle you will not hear the card, under stress however you can hear it (but it's nothing dramatic or anything).

If you can find the Palit GeForce GTX 670 Jet Stream at roughly 399 USD then we can wholeheartedly recommend it. Mind you that the cooling solution is big. Some people have a problem with that, others don't care of course. But yeah, it offers a lot of performance in it's default setup and most of the tweaking has been done for you. Definitely a product worth our recommendation.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Another review, this time from Hexus, Just look at the scores against the 680!! :drool::eek:

http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/graphics/39249-kfa2-geforce-gtx-670-ex-oc/

63DB0.png

M902j.png

Zz99U.png

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Gotta be the card of choice atm hasn't it? Excellent.

Me can see V_R's bank balance taking a dip shortly :D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
V_R doesn't have a bank balance, he just owns a Bank. :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ha ha, i wish! :)

I've just got a massive upgrade itch at the moment.... Which i cant seem to shift! :lol:

More reading and i'm leaning towards this one....

Longer PCB, awesome cooling and a good overclocker by all accounts. Oh and obviously its a 8+6 pin power config. :thumb:

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 Windforce 3X 2048MB

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'm not considering upgrading graphics card atm but if I was to get a 670 I'm not actually sure my Corsair Modular 620W has an eight pin connector, it's quite old now, possibly over five years old as it powered my previous build which was assembled in Nov '06.

And I think a 670 might actually start to push the limits of my 620W. So, card 360 and PSU typically 120 = £480 to upgrade :eek:

But... not yet, definitely one day, but not right now.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I cant remember what the power requirements are off the top of my head, but some of hte 670's only use two 6 pin PSU cables. :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I have got one, missed the delivery yesterday but got it today. :D

Update later.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Boom!. :D

Old 580 and New 670...

OldandNew.jpg

Card.jpg

Installed!

Installed1.jpg

Installed2.jpg

Installed3.jpg

Its very quiet, even on full load. :cool:

MSIAfterburnerStock.jpg

Not bothered overclocking it yet, will do that later or tomorrow. :user:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Oooh all looks good so far, looking forward to hearing what you think about it once it's o/c'd :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Well, to be honest its eating everything i throw at it including BF3, i can now run BF3 at max settings with 4xAA etc, Which i could do with the 580, but my FPS would drop too low (Mid 30's) for my liking.

Heres where its up to at the mo, i'm just upping the clocks a little now and again while gaming, just waiting till i hit the max...

So far It looks like most of the 670's seem to love the memory being overclocked but generally the core can only hit +50 - +100 at the most...

gpuz.png

MSI-Overclocked.png

Ask a Question