Further update re: BOINC.

Reaction score
Further update re: BOINC.

Well it seemed to be working fine but alas:wall: ; it was back to square one after 12 Hrs

Same problem as before but with no loss of work this time, so I have been through everything again been on it all day today 02/02/2008.Even missed Wales V England:D

Now I am convinced I have solved the problem this time, you can believe this or believe it not?

Shucks I don’t believe it myself.

I tell you what here are some choices which one would you say caused the conflict?

1. RAM?

2. CPU?

3. G/Card?

4. Screen saver?

5. Overheating?

6. Installation BOINC?

7. HDD?

8. Anything else you may think?

I will tell you tomorrow:D A Gottle of Geer for the winner:wave:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Screensaved looked like the odd one out on the list, so I'm going to copy Ady and go for that too ;)

Reaction score
Copy-cat:D Half a gottle each. as you had part of the correct answer.

It was a combination of the install/screen saver.

Installing BOINC > the screen saver was activated but; did not work? although it Kept coming on at the specified time with the message> Please reinstall BOINC and use as default screen saver, it was activated but still did not work although it was activated. Removed and.Reinstalled several times but no joy so it appears that the installation process is at fault

Answer select NO screen saver in display properties>apply and> lo and behold it works.

:lol: Still it was a challenge... and I won.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
The Boinc screensaver is the cause of many issues which is why I always suggest to uncheck the screensaver option when installing.

Glad you've got it sorted :thumb:

Ask a Question