Free Talk Talk Broadband

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Talk Talk have released a rather amazing offer, FREE broadband when you subscribe to their phone service. You need to get a calling plan for free international calls (which costs £9.99) on top of your line renal, but you get free 8MB broadband for this.

Basically, it works out at £9.99 + the usual £11 line renal for FREE 8MB Broadband, free UK calls and free international calls. Quite a bargain considering most calls will cost more than this alone.

This is similar to the Freeserve deals which change the face of dial up internet access, and I'm pleased to see the same happening with ADSL. This could half the costs for many people and save a couple of hundred quid per year.

Read more on the Talk Talk website

Attachments

• talktalk.jpg
    talktalk.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 6,327

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
You been roped in on the sales pitch ...

How can £9.99 & £11 be free :confused: ... I thought you were good at maths. ;)

I get these phone calls every week ... "we can save you money on your phone bill" ... and I ask "how?" ... after the speel, I love to keep 'em talking, you get to hear the "price" of these Free phone calls ... I then add, "but I only pay £1.50 (which is true) for my last months phone bill" ... funny how the phone goes quiet.

Anyway, BT are upping MY connection to 8mb :p

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Its mainly due to not paying BT the £11/month connection fee, plus the "call plan" - its not free in real terms, but works out at £20.99 for broadband/calls/line rental which is less than I pay for broadband or calls at the moment :) Better for some and worse for others, but works out well for me :D If you only pay a couple of quid a month on calls then it might not be though :)

Still on 1MB here and paying £30/month :eek: Looking forward to moving in 2 months so I can change! 2/4/6/8MB seems to be standard now.

muckshifter

Reaction score
We are so excited about our TalkTalk landline offer that if we can’t prove that your bill with TalkTalk is cheaper than it would have been with BT, we’ll give you £1,000.**
I'm off to get my bill out ... I could do with £1000
nod.gif

did you notice you can't use 0845 #s ... well you can, but I can't see how much they are going to charge you. :confused:

Numbers prefixed 0845,0870, Internet calls, Premium Rate Services, mobile numbers, information and paging services are excluded.
I'll go find some more info ... :D

muckshifter

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Its mainly due to not paying BT the £11/month connection fee, plus the "call plan" - its not free in real terms, but works out at £20.99 for broadband/calls/line rental which is less than I pay for broadband or calls at the moment :) Better for some and worse for others, but works out well for me :D If you only pay a couple of quid a month on calls then it might not be though :)

Still on 1MB here and paying £30/month :eek: Looking forward to moving in 2 months so I can change! 2/4/6/8MB seems to be standard now.
Yep, they are all going that way ... if not BT putting in the updates, then the company itself is doing it and sharing with BT anyway. :thumb:

I'm not defending BT ... but I had a good look around at what I needed & what was on offer ... BT gave me the best deal.

So, I'll agree with you there ... but it does pay to really look at the small prints ... ;)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
I get these phone calls every week ... "we can save you money on your phone bill" ... and I ask "how?" ... after the speel, I love to keep 'em talking, you get to hear the "price" of these Free phone calls ... I then add, "but I only pay £1.50 (which is true) for my last months phone bill" ... funny how the phone goes quiet.
Do you really only pay £1.50 a month for your phone bill? - do you not have to pay line-rental or anything on top? - if so can you tell me who you're with Mucks and I'm gonna change! :cool:

muckshifter

Reaction score
Adywebb said:
Do you really only pay £1.50 a month for your phone bill? - do you not have to pay line-rental or anything on top? - if so can you tell me who you're with Mucks and I'm gonna change! :cool:
ah, see, got you ... yes my phone call charges are betwen 72p & the top was £1.50 ... I don't use the phone that much ... but, it is 1hour calls for 5p.

Nope, you won't change ... I'm with BT ... Line rental is £9.35 a month, phone calls last month was £1.36 of which I get £0.03 refund for Friends & Family calls that month.

:p

* just don't ask what I'm paying for the Internet *

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
I'm off to get my bill out ... I could do with £1000
nod.gif

did you notice you can't use 0845 #s ... well you can, but I can't see how much they are going to charge you. :confused:

I'll go find some more info ... :D
0870 & 0845 numbers are 1.5p minute (min5p)

Mobiles are around 5/6/7p minute depending on network, can't find the premium rate number amount - but I don't dial 'em anyway ;)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
ah, see, got you ... yes my phone call charges are betwen 72p & the top was £1.50 ... I don't use the phone that much ... but, it is 1hour calls for 5p.

Nope, you won't change ... I'm with BT ... Line rental is £9.35 a month, phone calls last month was £1.36 of which I get £0.03 refund for Friends & Family calls that month.

* just don't ask what I'm paying for the Internet *
Ah, I see ;) - doesn't make sense for you on phone usage alone - but how about if you take the broadband into account?

:D

muckshifter

Reaction score
Adywebb said:
Ah, I see ;) - doesn't make sense for you on phone usage alone - but how about if you take the broadband into account?

:D
... not telling.

Reaction score
Hi their, i have been with talk talk for about 2 year i am on the international plan but cant get free broadband, they say my exchange isnt ready ??/ how i still get broadband from them at 9.99 for a 2 meg connection .

they also told me my exchange was upgrading in october 2006 and i would be able to get th 8 meg connection still waiting :( .

to be honest i feel the whole talk talk thing is a con i ish i had stayed with bt and if they dont get their fingers out soon i will be changing back ,, does anyone actually know of anyone has is getting free broadband from talk talk ??? cheers

Ask a Question