TalkTalk Broadband painless installation

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Just thought i'd report on this new TalkTalk Broadband which a lot of people are taking up at the mo, as it can be had for £19.99 and that includes free Broadband and free calls to 28 international countries..

The package also gives you a free ADSL modem and 2 free ADSL filters for the phone line..

Anyway went to customers house whipped out there NTL cable connection and broadband modem and installed the software for the ADSL modem, this was p**s easy and in 3 minutes had all the connections plugged in and was just left to configure the pc...The pop email was a slice of cake and the settings were set up automatically by the providers software..

The connection was 1.1mb and although he was promised an 8mb connection, he said that comes a little later,(don't ask me why) anyway surfing to a couple of sites i know, it was loading faster than my 1Mb Ntl cable connection so i was a bit peeved to say the least..

All in all a pretty painless procedure and one i would heartily recommend to anyone thinking of taking the TalkTalk free broadband contract out...:thumb:

I may just take one myself..:nod:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Their advert states that the modem is supplied for a one of fee of £29.99 , have they now started giving them for free ??

Got any info on reliability of the service ??

Sounds a realy good deal :D

Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
Their advert states that the modem is supplied for a one of fee of £29.99

Unusual most broadband providers give the modems free as standard.
I wonder what makes their modems so special?

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Got any info on reliability of the service ??

Sounds a realy good deal :D

Reliability wise i ain't got a clue but will check back with some info in about a months time, if its reported that downtime has been kept to a minimum and speed has stayed the same then i very possibly may take a talktalk contract out myself...

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Do I need any special kit?

At TalkTalk we recommend that all our customers use the TalkTalk ADSL 2+ modem. It costs £29.99 but it's worth it because:

• It uses the very latest technology - technology which has only become available in 2006 (so if you bought your modem before 2006, the chances are it's not as good as the TalkTalk ADSL 2+ modem).
  • It's super-fast - ensuring you always enjoy the fastest download speeds available.
  • It works with our state-of-the-art network - some modems just aren't compatible.
  • It means we can offer you full customer support - should you ever run into a problem with your broadband service, the TalkTalk ADSL 2+ modem will allow us to resolve your problem as quickly as possible
Mebees its in this seasons colour :rolleyes:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
It uses the very latest technology - technology which has only become available in 2006 (so if you bought your modem before 2006, the chances are it's not as good as the TalkTalk ADSL 2+ modem).
It's super-fast - ensuring you always enjoy the fastest download speeds available.
It works with our state-of-the-art network - some modems just aren't compatible

Well one thing i do know is the ADSL modem is tiny compared to my Ntl cable modem....

Ask a Question