Folding @ Home / Find a Drug

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Well I have everything set-up and in place for the switch over to F@H ... :D

I have also been doing a lot of reading ear-wigging on FaD & a few of my hang-outs and it seems, though I cannot confirm or deny, that the main reason for FaD in closing is because nobody is taken the result for analyses. You don't even get a straight answer from THINK himself. :(

If anybody can find out what is being done with the 'work' at FaD, please let me know.

Other teams are also in a quandary as to what to do ... some wish to go back to United Devices (UD) ... but to me that is not an answer as I will not be able to participate, even if UD finally sort out their problems ... there is also a lot of mistrust amongst 'cruncher' who left UD and joined FaD, who are now 'crunching' over at F@H

Fortunately Folding @ Home has not suffered, not as far as I can read, any of these 'problems' so we chose well for our new home ... they have 'work' ready and being used and have published papers on results of findings.

That's the sort of thing I like to see in these 'projects' and that is progress is being made ... points are fun, but I really do like to see some 'real' results for our efforts.

I know we said we would "hang on" to the end, but if 'results are not being used, I see no point. Unless somebody can show me different, I just see us wasting our time at FaD. :(

So I make this proposal to you

Would you like to "switch" to F@H now and contribute to 'work' that is being used ...
or
Stick with FaD who, although has the data, does not seem to have anybody working on it.

Your thoughts please ... would be greatly apprciated. :thumb:

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
Hi Mucks

I just posted another thread congratulating the team on our chart rise to position 103. :thumb:

Is the challenge of a Top 100 still inviting enough to keep going, just in case someone does eventually use the "crunched" data?

Personally, I am happy to be lead with the rest of the team. If we all move together it's going to make a bigger impact than if we phase a transfer.

More thoughts?

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Part of me wants to see FaD through to the end... but if lots of other teams are dropping out, it kinda spoils things...

I'd be happy to switch to F@H :)

Reaction score
F@H seems a bigger, and better backed project.

Can we be sure that the FAD data isn't just being used to power something more sinister - behind the cover up of finding cures - i mean you confront the officials themselves and they dont give a straight answer. I have heard other people talk of that.

Chuck the links and details over for F@H and i'll switch all PC's over asap.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I have no problem with moving sooner rather than later.

I'm guessing you have everything under control mucks, so ill wait for you to give us the green light and then ill switch. But sooner of later i dont mind

I am a little anoyed about the fad results though..... makes me feel like its been a waste of my time and energy. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Sexy Bex said:
Part of me wants to see FaD through to the end... but if lots of other teams are dropping out, it kinda spoils things...

I'd be happy to switch to F@H :)
It is what I see & hear ... it is sad.

I could take the bull by the horns and just 'do it' but I like to give you all a democratic vote and not be seen as a dictator.

CITech ... first thing I checked this morning as usual. :thumb:
I joke and pull your legs and make a big hullabaloo on how we are all doing ... but I personally would be quite happy at the bottom of the pack, knowing I was at worst contributing to something. I don't feel I am at FaD ... I'm not trying to push anybody into anything, but all I see is an effort that has no reward.

We could quite happily run both teams in parallel but I don't think that would somehow work ... some members will just drop out completely, that is their prerogative.

We may 'win' one day, but only if we keep trying.

:blush:

Ask a Question