Flops' Friday mini blog

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ok, so you was all unimpressed by my DIY/Carpentry skills adding another layer to my media housing. Huh :mad: Me only kidding of course ;)

No you're not; yes I am; no you're not, no I'm not, yes you are - eh? What?

Right, in my lifetime I have appeared on Television three times, once in 1970 on Top Of The Pops during a Herman and The Hermits vid cos they filmed the vid at Battersea fun fair and I just happened to be there. So while they filmed Mr Noone on various fairground rides I managed to get my fizzog in the background several times.

For the life of me right now I can't remember the second time but there was one, straight up guv.

The third time was when I was dj-ing at The Clarendon, Hammersmith and the BBC made a program, in their 'Riverside' series about Heavy Metal. This clip was taken from that episode and features - me! Yay! I'm famous. Sort of. I suppose you could say this was my 15 minutes worth.

Anyhow, I appear just after Lemmy says 'Noise' and then again later on briefly from the rear view. Typically the BBC seem have chosen the nurdiest of subjects to interview, heavy metal has allways had the mickey taken out of it.

I played the Clarendon every Friday evening for 3 or 4 years and sometimes Sunday evenings too. It no longer exists, it is now a bus garage.

Reaction score
:thumb:Liked the DIY media housing flops, and enjoyed the film although heavy metal is not my thing.:bow:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Next time PCR throws a bring-and-buy, we'll know which TV celeb to call upon to open it... our own Sir Flopps! ......Any chance of an autograph..?

Herman's Hermits used to be one of my fave groups back in the 60s... But did you know that they're still going strong in the US and continue to perform concerts? The years have been kind to Peter Noone, judging from recent photos of him on his website: http://peternoone.com He certainly has a "painting in the attic" as they say.

Haha, I liked the vid too, but became so engrossed watching the little story unfold, that I nearly didn't notice the transition from b&w to colour. Nice. :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Thanks for comments all :)

Brilliant! :D Have you still got the hat??

Nope :(

Some bugger nicked it :mad:

I'd had that hat from the seventies and one night, mid-90's, I was unpacking the gear into the van after a booking at a Dartford night club, it was about 3am. Some bloke said 'Want a hand packing mate?'. Me, like a fool, said yes. In the box he went up the stairs with was my top hat with original travel container, a Shure SM58 microphone and an assortment of pyrotechnic devices.

About six years ago a friend gave me a set of black tails but I suppose they are redundant now as I didn't ever replace the hat and now I'm retired from that malarkey I guess I never will.

Top hats. Cop a ganders on Ebay, they're not cheap ;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Haven't been here for a whiles.

Welp, there ain't nothin' goin' on but the rent as Gwen Guthrie once sang.

Yesterday evening my home was taken over and chaos ensued. I retired to my bedroom and drunk beer. Oh, and Sophie and Lucy celebrated their 25th birthday.

Has it really been 25 years since I fell asleep on the delivery table at Lewisham Hospital? My goodness.

Some good news, Lucy has finally passed her final paramedic exam and has a job with Cardiff Ambulance service which she starts in October. Her boyfriend Ned has also landed a job with Cardiff Council as a surveyor after working all over the UK for two years after leaving Uni.

And they now both live in a flat in Cardiff. Lucy's boyfriend Ned is the guy at the front of the pix.

Sophie has just started a third year as a history teacher at a secondary school in Bath.

Last night:

8575d1379259459-flops-friday-mini-blog-0036.jpg

8576d1379259459-flops-friday-mini-blog-0041.jpg

Attachments

• 0036.jpg
    0036.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 190
  • 0041.jpg
    0041.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 183
Reaction score
Good to hear both your girls are doing well FBS.:thumb:
Any did you take the photos when allowed out of your room???:lol:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Wonderful pictures, your girls look great! They grow up quickly don't they :D

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Sounds like they almost have there lives sorted and mapped out Mr Flopp's, you must be very proud! :nod:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Great piccies Sir Flopps - but almost missed them, it's been ages since you treated us to more of your musings on life, the universe and everything. :)

Congrats to your girls for doing so very well. As others have said, they must indeed make you proud.

Looks like they enjoyed a great party too, what a happy-looking crowd. :D

Reaction score
:thumb:Great stuff Flops, It is great when the young ones do well and thanks for the pictures they all seem to be enjoying themselves, hope the helped with the cleanup after the party

Ask a Question