Flicker

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I have started a flicker account but am unsure how to post a link so the forum memebers can have a nose around...if they're interested, that is. I was thinking of just making pcreview.co.uk a memberbut would need input from the mods. Any suggestions??

Zzzzz

Reaction score
Hi folks....i got the link for flicker. Dont forget i'm relatively new to photography and this is my first attempt at anything like this. There is a few pics that are duplicates so i hope i dont bore any one.
Some feedback as to which ones i should dump would be great cos i hate deleting any of them. Not sure why.
Any hoo http://www.flickr.com/photos/captain_zed/

Best viewed in slideshow, i think.

Zzzzz

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
captain zed said:
cos i hate deleting any of them. Not sure why.

Could it be that it's all still a novelty? And that you remember taking each pic?

When you've got lots and lots and lots and LOTS of them, then deleting becomes much easier. :nod: :wave:

Reaction score
nivrip said:
Could it be that it's all still a novelty? And that you remember taking each pic?

When you've got lots and lots and lots and LOTS of them, then deleting becomes much easier. :nod: :wave:

It probably is still a novelty but, life is a novelty. Today its photography, tomorrow who knows.
I have already started deleting some. I was hoping people would just tell me "Here Zed" dump this and this and so on cos they wouldn't be attached to the muck like me LOL

What did ya think??

Zzzzz

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
captain zed said:
I I was hoping people would just tell me "Here Zed" dump this and this and so on cos they wouldn't be attached to the muck like me LOL

What did ya think??

Tbh, Z, only you can decide what to dump as pics are so subjective. What would you say if I suggested dumping a pic and it turned out to be one of your favourites? You would think that I had a really poor taste in photography. If you dump every pic that someone suggests and you ask a big enough group you will end up with no pics at all. :D

The other problem is that people often don't like to criticise your pics in case they hurt your feelings - you may find that there are no suggestions to dump. :nod:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing with us Zed, :thumb: I enjoyed your pics a lot. I have some favourites, such as "Penelope" (of course!) what a pretty cat, she's beautiful.) I also liked the ones of the camel and rider with the pyramid backdrop, and the ones you took of the palm trees at sunset.

I think the Strand in Clontarf pic is excellent. I love the way the sky is reflected in the water like that. It has a lot of appeal. :nod:

Wow, that is quite a weir and the houses that stand behind it, look very similar to some that are near the castle here. Except your's have taller chimneys! I think your scenery is beautiful though, without going too mad on the saturation. That is not a criticism, by the way, only an opinion.

Well done Zed, looks like you are enjoying your camera :thumb:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Simply create a link in your sig, as I have ... ;)

Some great pics you have ... :thumb:

:user:

Reaction score
Ah, i see it all clearly now. Amazing how some things go unnoticed like that.;)

I cant remember how to do the linky href thingy. I didn't use it often enough i suppose. I'll go on a search.

Zzzzz

Reaction score
Check out the attachment....
Replace www. vbulletin.com/forum with the URL to your account, and then replace vBulletin Community Forum with FLICKR or what ever you want, then add that into your sig..Simple as..

Attachments

• link.png
    link.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks MadX,

I think you tried to teach me this ages ago....i just stopped using it and now its just a distant memory.
It was something like [<a=href> flickr] but i think the magic ingredient is missing.

Added your code in my sig.
Thanks again

Zzzzz

Reaction score
captain zed said:
Thanks MadX,

I think you tried to teach me this ages ago....i just stopped using it and now its just a distant memory.
It was something like [ flickr] but i think the magic ingredient is missing.

Added your code in my sig.
Thanks again

Zzzzz

erm no..Go read my last post again and check out the attachment....Its easy peasy...Don't use any <A HREF.....

Reaction score
I have been trying in the background and you can see what's happening. I'll just keep reading you attachment.

Zzzzz

Reaction score
Thanks for hanging in there while i thrashed it out....i have a notepad here beside me with all the different attempts....now i just have to keep using it. It's like algerbra with text LOL....i need a rest after that.

Thanks again

Zzzzz

Ask a Question