Parents Laptop trouble

Reaction score
Hi folks,
I visited my parents today and their laptop is playing up. I ran their AVG and ccleaner and had a good nose around and couldnt find anything wrong. It wont shutdown when theyre finished using it and the keyboard wont type. It seems to be a random thing thats happening. Also it looks like its running an old style windows instead of Vista....now dont laugh but its an Acer and i told him(my dad) not to buy it but he did. When i was with them last week i ran the MS update and installed SP1 and told him that after the update the pc should be a flier....man was i wrong. So i went back to the last known good config and did a restart and all th evista graphics were back and everything looks fine but the ruddy keyboard seems to be dodgy still.
I have checked all the drivers etc and looked in the control panel settings for the keyboard and everything looks okay.
Any suggestions??
Zzzzz

Reaction score
captain zed said:
.now dont laugh but its an Acer and i told him(my dad) not to buy it but he did.

laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
Sorry I can laugh..I worked for Acer, and then for another company repairing them for a few years......What model is it...? Erm and you are a bit confusing as to what OS itt is running...Laptop keyboards do break sometimes...

Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
Sorry I can laugh..I worked for Acer, and then for another company repairing them for a few years......What model is it...? Erm and you are a bit confusing as to what OS itt is running...Laptop keyboards do break sometimes...

Hi MadX,
Its running Vista but i probably confused ya there....it looks like it has booted from a windows basic program cos the graphics look ancient....anyway i think i have sorted that part out. We have a USB mouse and everything works fine with that but i suspect its the keyboard....me da wants to get a USB keyboard to try it.....I will get back to you when he has tried that.
Its an acer aspire 5050....and i think the name says it all....5050 chance it will clap up LOL
Zzzzz

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I eventually sorted me da's laptop....kind of at least....it appears that the battery was a bit dodgy so when ya remove the battery, the keyboard etc, all work fine and it boots up perfecto. Now it seems sometimes the battery appears to be fully charged and 2 mins later its empty and then its half full etc. How do i check the battery before buying a new one???
Any advice would be appreciated.
Zzzzz

Last edited:

Ask a Question