Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i know, i was hoping to get atleast slow you down a bit now im on BOINC aswell

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Hmmm, sounds like someone is happy ... :D

ME, slip me a fiver and I'll drop Quad from the stats page ...
laughingsmiley.gif

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
i know, i was hoping to get atleast slow you down a bit now im on BOINC aswell

Glad to know you are a fighter as well :thumb:

Now jokes aside, have you used the tweak V_R suggested? If not get on with it now and report the difference so it can be analysed, by those who are in the know ;)

By the way as in Olympics, its not the winning, but participation that counts! We are all here to contribute for the same cause and that is what counts.:)

I was just trying to be a bit funny in my previous thread, I hope it did not sound insulting.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
not at all Quad, i have that tweak and its quite impressive im doing a WU every 4 hours roughly compared to the 8 or so it took with the UD client

Reaction score
boinc 2 bionic

V_R said:
Have a read of this, its from the BOINC Wiki. :)
Have just read your link re: boinc and what are the differences to my current crunching by going boinc. If it's the right think to do could install it all on Saturday. What details do you need to give so i crunch still with the crew??

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
not at all Quad, i have that tweak and its quite impressive im doing a WU every 4 hours roughly compared to the 8 or so it took with the UD client

What Cpu and quantity of Ram do you have? In a few days we should know how good it was to switch to Boinc.

By the way I also noticed Boinc takes up additional 100MB ram to run. :eek: Although the exe file in the process states 72 MB or so, overall the difference that I noticed is that previously the free ram use to be around 520-30 but now its a 100 less.:p

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
feckit said:
Have just read your link re: boinc and what are the differences to my current crunching by going boinc. If it's the right think to do could install it all on Saturday. What details do you need to give so i crunch still with the crew??
No disrespect intended feckit ... but you'd get better response if you start a new thread.

;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Hmmm, strange, i thought i linked to THIS the first time. :confused:

It gives you a bit of info regarding the tweaking of BOINC.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Thanks for updating the link, I read the whole thing. The system is doing fine now and the speed of crunching is faster by abot 33 percent but I will know for sure later since the current WU was partially run when the tweak was not applied. A new WU has already been downloaded automatically and the completion time given is like 2 hours instead of 4 :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Good stuff, Sounds like everything is as it should be. :)

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
im running 1GB of RAM with a 3.3Ghz CPU and its flying along, i already achieved 1000 points from yesterday which i was suprised at

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
im running 1GB of RAM with a 3.3Ghz CPU and its flying along, i already achieved 1000 points from yesterday which i was suprised at

I also got a 1000 yesterday, in fact my score was 1070 and yours 1069 :)

You cpu is 10% faster than mine but we have same quantity of ram. In my opinion you should remain in the lead ;)

What is your benchmark score at this moment, does it relate to what I have?

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
im getting 2912 Whetstone and 5562 Dhrystone whatever that means, but its not far off what you got

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Quadophile said:
Before the Guntec.de tweak

28/03/2006 22:01:53|| 1722 double precision MIPS (Whetstone) per CPU

28/03/2006 22:01:53|| 3513 integer MIPS (Dhrystone) per CPU

After the Guntec.de tweak

28/03/2006 22:17:12|| 2384 double precision MIPS (Whetstone) per CPU

28/03/2006 22:17:12|| 7880 integer MIPS (Dhrystone) per CPU

Wow!!!! That seems to have made a big difference! Is that what you were expecting? Pleased? Dissapointed?:confused:

I also noticed that the current WU before was supposed to finish in little less than 6 hours now it says it woud finish in under 3 hours :p

I know you are on to something, but, I am getting very curious as to what this all means, would you PLEAAAAAAASE explain to me? :)
Thats a significant benchmark increase there Quad :cool: - what it means is that you will crunch your WU's alot faster, which means you will complete more results and therefore get more points - contrary to popular belief, the optimisation does not actually increase the points per unit crunched.

:thumb:

Ask a Question