My new Leadtek A400GT TDH 6800GT

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Well i have now got my new 6800GT installed and running. I did it all yesterday but didnt really have a chance to check in and post! So i thought i'd tell you a little about it. :thumb:

I might take some pics of it tomorrow and post them on here if i get time.

I was confident it would go well but i did have a moment of panic when i first opened the box and realised just how big it really was!
eek.gif
Putting it next to my old 9800 S.E it just dwarfed it, and its about four times as thick as the old one too!

The fitting of the card was nice and easy, a lot more than i thought it would be!! My newly installed 480W Tagan power supply fed it with its own dedicated molex cable, free to take as much juice it wanted!

I didnt use the drivers on the c.d, i downloaded the latest ones (77.72) the night before. Installing them was dead easy, not much else to say about that really!

Once i had it all set up and got the display right i went off and installed coolbits. :) i'm sure you know what that it is!

First off my old cards speeds were 378Mhz 297Mhz
The standard clock and memory speeds are 350Mhz and 900Mhz.

I decided to try out 3DMark 03 first, the first bench scored 10115Marks! :D not bad considering my old card score was 3884Marks! :blush:

Then i used coolbits to overclock it a llittle, :p I let it find the optimal settings for now just to see what it came out with. After about 30 seconds it decided that a core speed of 402Mhz and 1.02Ghz memory were good. Not a bad increase be i think i can get more out if it yet! :cool: Anyway back to 3D Mark 03 after the tests had finished i got a score of 11255Marks!! :D:D (SWEET!)

I was of course keeping an eye on the temps and one the second run of benching it only 3 degrees hotter than the first run!! So in time i will (hopefully) squeeze more out of it!

Then i just played HalfLlife2 and CoD for the rest of the night!! :thumb:

Well time for dinner and then pub, so will have to continue this tomorrow when i run 3DMark 01 and 05, that should be interesting as my old card wouldn't run 05! :(

Just one last thing to say and that is THANKS to everyone who did a good job of convincing me to by this card!! :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::):):):)

I just aint to sure why i waited for so long to do it!?!? :confused: :)

V.R :thumb:

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
sounds like you've got a decent card there, that overclock is quite impressive considering its not really pushing it

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Nice one VR, good to hear you're pleased with it :)

Damn, I really, really want one o them now :(

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
More Benchmark scores.

Just come back from the pub and i thought i'd have another go at a bit of overclocking!! :)

I've just played about with the clocks a bit more (Only went up gently!) Now i'm at a Core speed of 416Mhz and a Memory speed of 1.15Ghz! ;)

My new 3D Mark 03 score is 11818Marks, and i still cant get it above 50c!

I dont think coolbits is gonna let me go much further, is this because i shouldn't go higher or coz they dont want me to go any higher!?!?

THe temp warning is set as default at 120c, and i aint nowhere near that yet! Should i try using something else like Rivatuner, or just leave it as it is? I know it dont really need to go any higher but you cant blame me for trying!!! :p

Ask a Question