Filtering Unwanted Mail

J

jaygreg

This topic may belong elsewhere but if something undesirable gets past my filtering system in FireFox 4.0 it may very well fit right here.

The issue is email addresses like this: (e-mail address removed). A flood of emails of this structure recently began appearing in one of my accounts and I'm unable to filter any of them out successfully because no two appear to be the same... yet they all have a common thread; three numbers somewhere after the @ sign.

Has anyone else had this experience and, if so, have you found a successfulway to filter them?

R

Roger Mills

This topic may belong elsewhere but if something undesirable gets past my filtering system in FireFox 4.0 it may very well fit right here.

The issue is email addresses like this: (e-mail address removed). A flood of emails of this structure recently began appearing in one of my accounts and I'm unable to filter any of them out successfully because no two appear to be the same... yet they all have a common thread; three numbers somewhere after the @ sign.

Has anyone else had this experience and, if so, have you found a successful way to filter them?

Have a look at Mailwasher. That has configurable filters - which you can
program using their 'Regular Expression' feature, which enables you to
look for (say) any numeric character.

See http://www.mailwasher.net/frequently-asked-questions
[Scroll down to Filters and click on the item about RegExpr]
--
Cheers,
Roger

Ask a Question