Windows XP Fatal System Error Message C000021a

Reaction score
I need some help with my Windows xp home edition operating system which has now died on me giving me a blue screen error message

C000021a(Fatal System Error)
The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly
with a status of 0xC0000006(0x00000000 0x00000000)The system has been shutdown

I have tried the usual f8 commands but none of these helps and the only advose I seem to find is system fix from microsoft which is useles as cannot download the fix as the machine is dead!

I would be grateful for any practical advise please

Macca

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
macca64 said:
heers will reinstalling windows result in the date and files being lost?
Yes!

You could try a "repair" install ...

How do you perform a re-installation of Windows XP, sometimes called a repair installation?

Configure your computer to start from the CD-ROM drive. For more information about how to do this, refer to your computer's documentation or contact your computer manufacturer. Then insert your Windows XP Setup CD, and restart your computer.

1. When the Press any key to boot from CD message is displayed on your screen, press a key to start your computer from the Windows XP CD.

2. Press ENTER when you see the message To setup Windows XP now, and then press ENTER displayed on the Welcome to Setup screen.

3. Do not choose the option to press R to use the Recovery Console.

4. In the Windows XP Licensing Agreement, press F8 to agree to the license agreement.

5. Make sure that your current installation of Windows XP is selected in the box, and then press R to repair Windows XP.

6. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete Setup.

Here is the same thing, with pictures ...

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/operatingsystems/ss/instxprepair1.htm

:user:

Ask a Question