at the click here reads as follows
appname: explorer.exe appver: 6.0.2800.1221 modname:
~8776747472.tmp modver: 0.0.0.0 offset: 00003a6a

i am currently running windows xp home version super pack
1 hp pavilion 576x if at all possible is there a quick
fix to this problem? thanks mike

G

Hi,

(a) After the system boots and you enter the system.
(b) Open a command dos prompt by clicking Start , Run and then typing the words cmd and pressing enter.
(c) Now you will get a dos prompt window on the desktop.
(d) Insert the Windows XP Setup CD in the CD Drive first and then close the window that appears
due to autoplay.
(e) Go back to the dos prompt and then type this c:/>sfc /scannow Make sure that you enter it in the
same way as shown and now this will check for the integrity of Windows system files and make sure that
none are corrupted. If there are corrupted files then they will be restored from the CD and when the
restoration is complete you will get a confirmation message.
(f) Remove the CD and then reboot to see the effects whether the system has been repaired or not.

Please note that any specific updates that were installed will be lost and you will have to re-visit
Windows Update to update your Windows.

G

I've frequently experienced this problem, usually it seems when I have WMP 9 in mini player mode, for some reason, I think that causes explorer.exe to crash sometimes. I would make sure you have all updates downloaded, and I would check you computer for spyware/ad ware. I would also run a registry cleaner.

Ask a Question