Expired hp #57 refilled cartridge

Reaction score
Hello,
I hope I'm posting in the right spot, I'm new to the forum. I recently had my #57 color cartridge refilled for my hp photosmart 7760. Well when I installed it an error code saying color cartridge failed came up. I took it out and saw it was expired. I have tried a few things I have read online like hp's reset, taping the contacts but I also read taking the internal battery out of the printer will work. I have no idea where I would find the battery. Can someone please help? I will take any suggestions.:(

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Despite the error message the cartridge should actually work.

Have you tried printing any documents?

I have an HP Photosmart 7960 printer that I've used refill cartridges in and I got the same message but it worked anyway.

I don't actually use the refill cartridges anymore though as the print quality was inferior to the official HP cartridges.

Reaction score
Put the cartridge on some paper.Fill the syringe with ink.inject ink into each chamber until the sponge is full. When finished, replace the top label or leave it off.Replace the cartridge and run cleaning cycles.

Reaction score
I do not think its a problem of battery.You have to try of use compatible cartridges for your printer to check whethr it is printer problem or cartridge problem.

Ask a Question